early this spring when it was still pretty cold out i tensioned my tracks, now i think that the warmer weather has expanded the grease i added and they seem too tight. does this make sense? i had them pretty snug when i did it, but now they seem tight and squeek and squak and sound terrible when i track around. should i be releaving some of the pressure on them? i haven't been using it too much, so i just listen to it, but it is starting to drive me nuts. thanks!
I can't answer your question about warmer weather expanding grease, interesting theory though. Just my opinion, as a wrench, I'm not fond of "tight" tracks when adjusting, you get 'em in the dirt they get even tighter, not good on track chain. I know, operators find a way to flip loose tracks, I guess I'm saying I don't adjust them to loose stage, just don't make them tight. If you don't have any sag at all in your tracks between top roller carriers, I would say slack them up a bit, jmho.