Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Convert 24″ smooth bucket to tooth bucket?

redwolf ยท 2024-01-01 13:38

New to excavators, this may be a really dumb question. The JCB mini ex I just got came with a 24" smooth bucket, but I am looking more for a general purpose bucket with teeth. To avoid the expense of buying a new bucket, can this one be converted to a tooth bucket? It has holes on the bottom for the lip + some extra double holes (for teeth?). It looks like I should be able to remove the lip and then the sets of double holes would work with something like this (would need to measure): https://romacparts.com/5310-3205-teeth/

Replies1
  1. #1skyking12024-01-01 13:45

    It is a JCB bucket with a part number. Get the dealer to look that up for you so you do not re-invent the wheel. it may have a kit available for it.