I have an old Cat d5 from 70’s that my dad bought new. It is a 96j series dozer. It has a powershift and a 12 foot angle blade. I rarely use the dozer because it needs rails. The rear end, final drives, steering clutches and rollers are new. I need to paint it also. I like the size of the dozer and I wish it at least had tilt in a joystick handle. I know they make kits for tilt where the tilt is placed on a foot pedal but I find that to be less accurate for fine grading, awkward, and hard on the body in a 10 hour day. How does that kit work? Do it hook into the hydraulic tank? I have a d6d with a 163 hydraulic tank. It has tilt. How would it work on this d5? I came across some old photos online of a d5 96j that someone had converted to outside c-frame power angle tilt. Much like a Case 1150 and 1450 from the late 80s. Any ideas on who own the dozer that I have posted in my pics? Any idea on how they did it? Thanks
looks like a blade off of a old 750 case machine
Rockland Mfg Makes that for Cat machines. They can make one for your machine, even though they don't keep them around anymore. I called them a couple years ago about one for a D4e from 1978. They said no problem have it for you in a couple of weeks....$38,000!!!