I'm currently in the brainstorming phase of upgrading my undercarriage. Since you can no longer purchase new track chains for an AC HD6, I'm contemplating my next move and I need a few more details on the specs. AC HD6 Track Specs (measurement) (mm) Pitch 165 Link Height 93.7 Bushing O.D. 50.8 Bushing Length 120 Pin Length 175 IH/Dresser TD7H, TD8H, TD9H (measurement) (mm) Pitch 165 Link Height 97 Bushing O.D. 53.8 Bushing Length ??? Pin Length ??? Now, I see that the pitch is the same and that the link height is 3.3mm taller on the IH/Dresser, but that won't hurt anything. My question relates to the bushing outside diameter. The O.D. is 3mm larger, will that affect how the chain sits in the sprocket???? Also, I don't have the specs for pin and bushing length for the IH/Dressor, so I don't know wide the rails are. Does anyone know these specs??? Any inputs or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Call Grace Track Service, Elkhart Ia. 515-367-5311 or 800-426-4136. They would know. I bought pins and bushing for an HD-5 from them, and was informed they were the same as on some small excavator. You might also try Clapp Bros- Westfield, Ill. 217-967-5219. They part out a lot of AC Dozers. Not sure if they are still in business. A couple of good old boys.
My information is telling me that the pin length which is the widest point on the chain measures at 170mm and the measurement inside the links is 68mm. I hope this info. will help. Good luck, Quick Trax
Talked with a couple different guys yesterday who said you can successfully convert to TD-9 track without any changes, other than grousers. Obviously your AC HD Grousers won't bolt to IH TD rails, but all the other specs are the same except the link height is 3mm taller on the TD-9 track. Seems to me that would be a benefit. So I guess I'll hunt down some track and sprocket rims and let you guys know how it turns out.
Hi, thanks for your interesting post; I would be very interested how you get on, as ive got a HD6E too