Men, I am new to the site and new to full sized excavators. Purchased a clean CX130 with 2,900 hours and a blade. I would like to install a hydraulic thumb. Actually I already welded a hydraulic thumb to the stick. Attached plumbing from thumb to plumbing on stick. Went to flip switch on valve to find the auxiliary valve is only one directional. Never thought there would not be a bidirectional valve... MISTAKE. Can I replace the current pump with a bidirectional pump? The schematics look similar and most of the part numbers are the same. What should I be watching out for/ concerned about? How/where can I install additional electric switch to control valve? Thank you in advance.-SL
Good day Deer Archer It sounds from your description that you require an additional solenoid valve pumping to the auxiliary valve, if you would like pictorial information drop a line to [email protected] Kind regards Uffex
An update on the plumbing for my hydraulic thumb adventure. Went to the Case dealer and walked through the parts needed. Was quoted a price of $4,800 for parts alone. Move forward a few days. Had a chance meeting with a friend of a friend and he suggested I call Company Wrench. Two gentlemen came out took dozens of pictures and crawled all over the machine. They were there almost two hours. They sent a quote for labor and parts $3,200. The kit they recommended even has a switch inside the cab to move from single to bi-directional. They are to instal late next week. I will let you know how that goes. Thanks to all for the suggestions.