Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Converting Dump trailer to rolloff?

pondo ยท 2017-05-14 11:24

HI, I have a 14k (2x 7k axels) 14ft Loadtrail dump trailer. It has served me very well. Been abused a ton and still keep rolling. But unfortunately Road salt, more likely new salt brine has badly rusted just the dump box and floor is pretty sagged plus doors are missing (that's another story I don't use it much as i have a roll off truck (single axle) which uses 14 ft long bins... What are you thought about me converting trailer to a bin / roll off trailer. My thoughts are it has a great "C channel" frame and sizsor lift, I just need cut rusted dump box off, add two rails and cable winch ?? It would not be perfect as its not designed from scratch for this but I have it.... thxs

Replies4
  1. #1f311fr12017-05-14 21:32

    Is 14K enough for box and load?

  2. #2renovator2017-05-15 17:31

    I had a 12k (scissor lift) dump trailer. The dump angle wasn't as steep as I would have liked.

  3. #3pondo2017-05-16 06:39

    Thxs, guys. As usual nothing is easy. I will double check weight of bins. even to move empty bins that get stranded on my job site and for garbag load might still b possible.

  4. #4hvy 1ton2017-05-16 18:22

    I don't know if you've seen this thread yet, but if not there should be some inspiration for you. HeavyEquipmentForums