looking for some info from you folks on repairing small tears and holes in conveyor belts. We use "Loctite Fixmaster flex" belt repair now. Just looking for maybe something better or different way of repair.
I have never heard of what you are using, but I use flexco's. Pretty simple. www.flexco.com
Ihttp://www.wabelting.com.au/pages/superscrew.html use a super screw belt fastning system....
we also use the flexco stuff to fix all of our belts
Depending on how your fixed for parts and the situation, I've used simple large sized pop rivits with an extra washer a few times and its held almost as well as Flexco clips. Not at all recommended though.
We used the flexco's in the quarry I used to work, once you got skilled with them they took no time at all to put in.
We use Flexco r5 splices I believe. And some other similar things if we run into a problem. Also tried some kind of rubber glue applied in a silicone gun with mixed results.
Saw these at a crusher last week. This style of clip seems to last longer then the ones that have a cable but tend to tear the belt after a while.
Those are Flexco clips, that's the style we used in the Quarry.
conveyor belt repair: Probably just like this... huh?... :bash http://www.wabelting.com.au/pages/superscrew.html OCR...
I swear OCR...ya have to do everything for that old buzzard, including fixin' his linky linky that no werky werky. :tong
conveyor belt repair: Lol... well, you know that we, yes we... both likey likey the old feller... kinda, sometimes... ... :tong 'Sides, there's some stuff on that page that people might want to see... with out having to dredge it from the post, and convey it to the address bar... I know we've told him a hundred dozen times... "leave a space", lol. OCR...
LoL...I dare to wager that granma has told him to "leave some space" on several occasions. bah ha ha ha ha :lmao
conveyor belt repair: I'll bet... bah ha ha ha ha... :lmao OCR... lol
I can't believe someone even repaired this belt. I have never seen so many clips.
Hmmm... That looks like alot more aggravation then its worth. Orange machine = Rotomill? The belt its self does not look badly worn, not that old. And that rip might mean something tore it pretty good....and straight while it was turning... It won't last long if under a heavy load, the head pulley and tail pulley will fix that.
Yes rotomill its the PR800-7 I posted another picture of the whole machine seems to be in poor condition and not taken care of. I can't believe its being used on the 403 which is a major multilane highway.
Looks like a piece of the flashing support got into the belt and they didn't catch it until it was too late... I thought the 403 was all Concrete? It was when I left Canada back in 1998. I've heard extensions were added.
the 407 is for the most part i'm pretty sure buts it a toll road so I don't go on it much. The 403 for the most part is asphalt. Parts of the 401 are concrete.
You can go online and search for conveyor system repair services in your area. I am sure that you will be able to find services. There are many companies that manufacture and repair conveyor belts these days.
Thanks for the advice Melvin but....With an asphalt mill its almost always left to the crew to repair ASAP. There isn't time to call for repairs.
for repairing the tears and holes of conveyor belt. the best method is use extruder gun and repair patch. firstly, cleaning and buffing the rubber surface, then use extruder gun,filling rubber compround ,extruding rubber to fill in the hole. at the buttom and the surface of the belt, need to bond two pieces of rubber patch to enhance the effects. all of our service team do that as the above method. if for detail and photo. you can visit the web www.chinabinder.com
Wow, getting all that done with a paving crew on your @ss would be a treat...
China conveyor belt repair i want to insert images , but i don't know how to do, i cann't find from where to insert images . so insert a web link: http://www.chinabinder.com/service/76.html
In viewing that link, it looks like a good system for crushers and gravel mining operations where long exposed conveyor systems are in use. It would not be of much use too a milling machine. Rubber thats been heated and repaired may last for a minute but, (in my opinion) the section that failed would eventually have to be completely removed and replaced being held together with traditional stitch style belt repairs.
Ya its true this is a very hard task for any one but this person is awesome. ____________________________ []Flowable Concrete Fill[/URL]
Umm...ok???
Well its nice to see somebody that knows just how much fun belt repairs are.... Hey Cedron5jesus, since you are a chef, whip me up a plate of brand new conveyor belt for a CMI PR1050. Much appreciated and thank you Thats the upper and lower conveyor if you don't mind, and please put them on too since you are indeed so awesome.
Cedron5jesus is just another human spammer. In the future please report these posts as spam so a mod can remove them. Thanks.
Well dang, I thought we had a toy to play with. Honestly had no idea that was a spammer.
I have fun hunting them, it's a sport.:guns