Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cool logging video

DigDug ยท 2008-04-06 20:53

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLGpUChAT8 Has some different angles and film speeds kinda neat.

Replies8
  1. #1bobcat ron2008-04-06 22:18

    Where was that? The scenery looked familiar!

  2. #2DigDug2008-04-07 06:42

    I think it said on the guys youtube description paragraph?? not sure. Maybe out west somewhere , we dont run those type of trailers here.

  3. #3jon722008-04-08 05:55

    I was wondering how those guys out west made up for those small loads.They just drive wicked fast.

  4. #4John C.2008-04-08 21:59

    The post says somewhere in California for the location. It looks like dry flat land. As far as small loads go I don't think I've seen many loads that were not right at the limit of the truck. Most run 80,000 on the highway but I'm seeing some rigs now that have drop axles and can run 102,000 gross.

  5. #5bigblueox2008-04-09 12:15

    what does the machine do, when you got to the log yard and took off the chains? maybe push down on the logs to get the chains off easier? Also have you ever had a loader operator snag the trailer when he was uloading the logs?thanks ~zach~

  6. #6Rockbreaker2008-04-09 15:38

    Great video Digdug:scool

  7. #7John C.2008-04-09 22:40

    I don't know what that one in the video does but most I have seen are only side stops for keeping the logs from falling on the driver when he releases the binders. I haven't seen a loader operator ever snag the trailer or the reach. I have seen the trailers come up in the air a time or two when the logs are packed into the bunks real tight. I don't think anyone puts a green operator in one of those loaders. Those machines are usually rated at 40 to 50 tons of lifting capacity. They could do a lot of damage in a hurry in the hands of the wrong person.

  8. #8bigblueox2008-04-10 12:27

    yeah i'd imagine you could pick the whole tractor up with one of those loaders and not feel it!