I am in need of a new refractometer. My last one was kind of cheesy and now it's lost. Years ago I used to have and like a NAPA 4584 (I think) but that along with 4585 and the Wix equivalents seem to be discontinued. Anybody bought something like this recently?
My local NAPA store has the FIL 4584 in stock at $138.99. I recently purchased an OTC one, from NAPA. Part # NTE 789107 for $89.99. I mostly use it for coolant. Been happy with it. BTW, If you go on Amazon, you will see many Similar refractometers that look identical to the OTC unit, for way less money. I’m sure they are the same damn thing, just re-branded.
I have a half dozen of the import cheapies... I think they ran ~20bux... more or less... seem to work the same. I mainly use them for coolant as it's a lot easier to get a sample compared to the bulb-sucker floating ball kind