My 1970S Cat D3 Got coolant leak. There is a gap between pump and engine. A a clamp hold the rubber seal tight to expand the rubber to seal the gap from what I can tell. Anyone can help to figure out what is the rubber ring name?
One More pic
That looks like someones cobble fix. You need one of these or at least a new seal. https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-Water-...TERPILLAR-Excavator-225-OEM-NEW-/401763330290 This would be for 3204 engine s/n 45V1 to 17159. Check you s/n before ordering.
I’ve seen them like that before so it is probably standard issue. The metal piece is a ferrule. Not sure of serial number buts heres what i found.
Yup, your right. Didn't think there would be something that "mickey mouse" but there it is. On D3's and D3B's... Seal portion does change from a 4N0239 and 4N0340 ferrule to a 7N4636 seal and 7N4637 ferrule at engine 45V16077--up so watch the s/n.
Cool, thank you guys, by search by "ferrule cat 3204", I found the following metal piece and the rubber seal. looks like it is what I need before I double check the size.
And believe it or not but the same Part Numbers could be bought from your Cat dealer at a price only a few cents different from the prices on eBay. Genuine or "will fit"..? Hmmm, let me think a minute.........
make sure you use the Cat hose clamp too it is made a little different
Will do. Thanks.
Can this seal be changed without removing the front housing? Mine blew in my 910 rubber tire loader last week. 1W4724. Clamp- hose 7N4637. Ferrule 7N4636. Seal
It sure would help to have a serial number to give an informed answer. There are about a dozen different prefixes and who knows how many variations it those!
45V38798 1W0163 group
Yes just loosen the clamp remove the ferrule and seal clean in between the head and front cover change the ferule too later ones are plastic and get distorted if overheating has occurred
I was trying to find something on SIS but for some reason did not find anything or even a parts breakdown, Dave thanks for chiming in with the answer!