So a couple months ago I purchased a backhoe and among other things it was missing 4 of the 5 teeth on the bucket. Wanting to get to work I called the dealership and after assurance I would receive them in "a day or two with Speedy delivery" I ordered 4 teeth and pins, $120+ with shipping, 120mi. 5 days later when they arrived not wanting to have the 1 worn tooth on the outside I moved it to the center and installed the rest, (by the way if I had not thought to use my air impact chisel with the point bit it came with it would have been a nightmare removing the frozen dirt and chunks of wood from the holes, 15min complete install). So after digging stumps for a few hours the center tooth--gone. Guess the worn pin didn't like the new local. So went online and ordered a tooth and pin with shipping 1300mi. -- $22 the tooth and pin look great very similar and good quality, will see. So now I'm looking to rebuild the brake masters, $25 w/shipping kits readily available on line I checked the price at the dealership-- $190 + shipping........ *** can't be
Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet.
It sure can!! I always compare online to OEM any longer. In all fairness I've seen some of the a/m items lacking too from what an OEM kit or assembly has but the vast majority are almost equal players.
And all of the parts made in china, talk about greed
Country of origin is a big concern, but if you look at all the troubles in the world, Greed is a common denominator
Wait until you have to replace/rebuild your injection pump..
I agree there is definitely corporate greed happening but where does it begin? Maybe it begins with the "average joe" employee who demands everything they can get and many who then treat it as "just a job" giving back the absolute minimum. Minimum wage is higher today than it has ever been, the government now requires paid maternity leave for both spouses, the costs for company paid health care and insurance has skyrocketed. If a person can show up for work fairly regularly and can pass a drug test the corporations have no choice but to keep them employed, it doesn't matter how little they know or how unqualified they are. There's much more that could be said but it would result in a political post so I will refrain. Those of us who are self employed will know that there are always those out there that think we a "cutting a fat hog" because we have the guts and determination to actually get out there and make it work. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence until you go over there and find that you have to mow it just like before.
I ALWAYS SAID, The grass is greener because it’s full of manure, no matter where you step.!!! Lol
It, greed, starts with the lack of self-control. In the animal kingdom, there are some that take what they need and others that kill for the pure pleasure of it. “Too much is not enough” for them. They can, so they do. A lot of Corporate greed is all about extravagant lifestyles. Many then justify it by large donations to people that can ensure and enhance their profits, and maybe with large donations to their church. Maybe the better question is, where does it end? It seems like an out of control train, and that seldom ends well, unless there is an opposing grade that stops it.