I have one of the early 580SL series 1 it has 6000 hrs. on it it is a 4wd .I am in the process of changing all the fluids for the 1000 hr. service scheldue.My operators manual specs. MS1317 oil for my serial #114367a3 rearend and plantaries.I checked at the CASE dealer and they have the 1317 oil but it is twice as expensive as hy-tran they told me the Hy-Tran Ultra could be used throughout my backhoe except the engine of course.I guess this could be true since my operators manual was printed before Hy-Tran Ultra was created.What do you think?
Hy-tran works. We buy it right at our Case dealer for a 580SL2.
So i can be assured the Hy-Tran Ultra will have the correct additives for my MS1317 reccomended rearend and planateries.
Id double check into it but I dont see any problems with it.
The 580Sl axles with part number XXXXXXA3 need to use the MS 1317. There was an update that came out in 1996 to change the brake discs to a differant compound. Along with the compound change, came the change to MS 1207/MS 1209 Hytran Plus/ultra. After the discs were changed out, the part number plate was supposed to be stamped to an XXXXXXA4 number. If there is no sign of a stamping, MS 1317 should be used unless you want to install new brakes. If you have further questions have your dealer reference bulletin NLB MP 006 96 for more information.
Yikes!! Now i am worried my axle is A3 i do not see a A4.I called my dealer back and he has sold the MS1317 he told me he had 2 months ago.He also said he would not be getting anymore.What can i do now?I show do not want to ruin my brakes.
I fthe dealer is not selling the type of oil you need, Can they special order it for you. If they have discontinued it, Try contacting a oil dealer in your area such as shell, chevron,mobil, exxon etc. They should be able to match you up with the proper oil with the specs you need. I deal with mobil and chevron and they have all the oils we need for our equipment. Ask them for the spec sheets and they will bw happy to help. Billy
from what a couple case dealers have told me is that Hy-Tran Ultra is the replacement for hydraulic oil in all case equipment. :beatsme i'd personaly call a few different dealers and ask what they have to say. i'm sure there is a case bulletin out there on what oil replaces the one specd in the book. just gotta find the right guy that knows.
The bulletin is NLB MP 006 96. Please see attached for the part pertaining to the brakes. Contact your dealer if you want to see the complete bulletin.
Early series 580sl's were subject to a recall for improved brakes, including new brake parts in the differential, and revised pedals, at that time the oil was changed to HY Tran Plus. That is all we use at our shop , go ahead , you'll have no oil related problems. I would recommend the wet brake oil additive supplied by Case , it minimizes or eliminates the low speed chatter characteristic of the wet brakes. Mel
1995 Super L's, look out, guess the front pump in the tranny would go. Happend to a friend of mine. Filled the torque convertor with crap.