Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fixing engine vibration on CASE SL

69zfarmer ยท 2007-12-16 08:50

I have had a bad engine vibration at idle on my SL ever since i have had it.I replaced the 2 front engine rubber isolators yesterday.What a pain!!! Now i have to replace the transmission isolators anybody have any pointers?I also have a leaking water pump it does not look like a big job.Where can i buy a WP on the net and save some $ instead of going to my dealer?

Replies12
  1. #1smalltime2007-12-16 09:25

    Case sells a water pump rebuild kit for some models, but if your machine has a Cummins engine, you may try a Cummins dealer or repair shop. I bought a water pump for a Case w/ a Cummins from Cummins for about $70.00 less than Case wanted.

  2. #2John C.2007-12-16 15:41

    If I remember right all those had the Cummins engines in them. All those four cylinders vibrate at low RPM. We used to kick up the low idle to about 950 RPM to smooth them out.

  3. #3JS580SL2007-12-17 15:03

    The only problem with our Series 2 L is the bolts that mount the muffler. My friend who works the parts desk at our Case dealer said turning the idle up would probaly help. The only time it rattles when the bolts do break is at a idle. Otherwise its a great engine, I personally swear by Cummins engines.

  4. #469zfarmer2007-12-18 17:41

    I agree raising the idle RPM's will cut down on vibration.But when i got my old original rubber dampers out they were worn real bad so i hope i did help it by replacing them.By the way the new CNH dampeners had "Made in China" on them.

  5. #5JS580SL2007-12-19 17:47

    Bad news happend when it became CNH.

  6. #6Phil2007-12-19 19:18

    What do you mean JS580SL? Phil

  7. #7JS580SL2007-12-20 17:11

    Personally I think the L Series 2 backhoes, G series dozers, and C series loaders have it all over the new CNH stuff. All series of the last equipment before CNH came about.

  8. #8Legdoc2007-12-20 23:10

    Made in China by slave communist labor. This equates to cheap components for the manufacturers which means higher profits for them as costs to the consumer comtinue to escalate! I personally try to avoid the fine China as much as possible.

  9. #9SouthOnBeach2008-01-07 23:10

    our 580sk vibrates at idle. i just bump it up slightly till it smothes out. as far as engine parts go. everything made by cummins has a part number stamped on it. just a matter of finding where it is and callin the cummins dealer up. hope that helps ya.

  10. #10fasstang652009-09-06 01:14

    Dave 580k case I have just the opposite problem. My 580k motor runs great at low idle with minimal shaking.Some rpms added and it smoothens out perfect,and then steadily gets worse the more it revs. The drive belt is jumping all over at this time. Any ideas?

  11. #11fasstang652009-09-06 01:17

    Dave 580k case I agree totally.Getting harder to find any products that say made in the USA!!

  12. #12Phil2009-09-06 05:26

    If your engine is running very rough at higher rpm it may be miss-firing, possibly a fuel injection problem. Phil