I ;ve got some motor blocks and crankshafts getting ready to store and have tried the ol wd40 and shrink wrap deal and was wondering if anyone knew where to buy Cosmoleen ,not real sure of my spelling on this lol...Anyhow y"all know what I'm talking about that god awful stuff that comes on new parts to keep'em from rustin ...Where would a man buy some ??
http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gclid=CMHM_6blm6UCFQQ-bAodHgRMIw
RobVG...Thanks nieghbor thats excatly what i'm lookin for..
What about using Fluid film? You don't need to Shrink wrap it, it can be sprayed on and taken off easier then Cosmoline, it can be found locally most places. It's non hazardous and comes in quite a few different sizes. There's a dealer locater function on the site. http://www.fluid-film.com/products/index.html
I edited the thread title to make it more search engine friendly. I wouldn't have known how to spell it either. Now, using either spelling as a search term will lead to this thread.
A C'mon digger ...RobVg cyphered threw my Hillbilly translation ..He nailed it thats the stuff ...sorry for my bad speeling ..lol
Not criticizing your spelling. Like I said, I wouldn't have known it either. It's just that computers aren't as smart as RobVG. If you don't give them the right spelling they're clueless... :beatsme
I second the Fluid Film idea instead of cosmoline.Fantastic protection.I go under my plow truck with about 4-5 cans before the first snow and hit every nook and cranny.No rust on my undercarriage.
I get mine from http://www.schafco.com/cosmoline.asp Its a bit cheaper than cosmoline direct by about half. I buy in 5 gallon pails and apply with a 2 gallon pump garden sprayer with great results.