A little humor that I was thinking about mechanics vs. doctors .. I wash my hands before i go to the bathroom My problems come back on the rollback a doctor buries his My favorite is that a doctor is still "practiceing " does that mean he hasn't perfected his craft ?? try telling one of your customers " let me practice on that " ...Ba ha ha ..
Another mechanic vs. doctor, A customer brings me a sick patient. If during the course of treatment I run across something that is a bit above my level of expertise, I'll call a number of trusted "specialists" to assist me in the diagnoses and/or preferred treatment, you know, the old "two heads are better than one". Patient gets proper treatment and goes back to work in good running spirits. Customer happy. When a doctor does this very same thing...you get a "consultation fee" on the bill. :tong
Mechanics can turn their patients off to work on them. Doctors have to keep them running... :cool2
I don't want doctors changing all my parts with will fits from China.
LoL. Hear hear, I'll second that one John C.
Doctors only have to know 2 models; we have to know hundreds.
Yeah, but one of those models might as well be hundreds mitch. And that model ain't wearing the pants I wear. :tong
I wasn't talking about psychiatric issues, Atco; just physical ones. That model is way more complex than the other, but even they do all come with the same components, with exception of field-installed upgrades.
If the Doctors is "Still under practice" Whats the "Nurse"? The parts runner? LOL
That reminds me of a good joke, A proctologist wanted to become a heavy duty mechanic and for his final exam he got 150%. stunned and confused the doctor asked why he had exceeded 100% on his test. His teacher told him that he rebuilt engine was worth 100% and the bonus came from him doing it all through the tail pipe!
Nurse is an oiler.
I was in business for years with a medical doctor, he owned a farm I ran, he was always amazed at how I turned wrenches, his comment was "god if I could only just let them sit there overnight and come back the next day to finish up later I'd died and gone to heaven", another comment he made one time was, "you have no idea how nice it would be to use a hammer that big on some on my patients" and the best one yet was "all doctors should be allowed to have a vice to put patients in and beat them silly until I felt better, let them sit awhile and come back and blow torch the xxxx out of them as many times as I'd like", another one he came up with was, your lucky when you get sick of looking and working on it you can just trade it off and pawn the problem onto someone else, mine always come back and demand better answers or treatment. Another observation he had was the older the machine gets the less its used and the cheaper the parts are to replace, for a doctor the older the patient the higher priced parts are and more they are need to be replaced and the use stays the same every day and it wears out at a faster rate. The upside to being a mechanic is the patient never speaks, after having kids you really appreciate that one, employees rate about the same as kids in my opinion, only older is all. The foreign parts don't bother me as much as cobbled parts that don't belong there in the first place kinda thing. No machine I ever worked on came back to sue me because I never fixed it right the first time either. Also I've put a lot of rebuilt parts in things over the years and most came with a warranty, I can't ever recall getting any kind of warranty from a doctor, I even asked my doctor one time if it was warranted and he told me this, it sure is, you pay the bill and I'm going to go buy a new car and that is under warranty so in a sense someone is getting a warranty for the job I do and the money you pay, I always though that was the way to look at life, someone else pays and you benefit on both ends, just never figured out how to make it work for me though.
How does a doctor treat a gingerbread man with a broken leg ?? Wait for it....... He uses a candy cane.
Every now and again, a zombie thread puts a smile on my face.
A doctor washes his hands after he takes a leak. a mechanic washes his hands before he takes a leak.
The reason we work, is to make money. A doctor makes; $300. / Hr. A mechanic makes; $30./Hr. A helicopter pilot makes; $30./Hr. The doctor will tell the helicopter pilot that he wished he went to flight school instead of medical school. The grass is always greener. "The book of Charlie" by David Von Drehle; is a good read.
The PA to my Spine physician saw the Big Blue Monster at their office in CoMO as I needed to drive it and was handy to take it for me to there. He knew I had spent two years remanning it and was impressed, said wished he could do that. Told him to relook at my Spine images along with the other damaged parts and get back to me on that, he smiled.
Well here's one for the grease under nails type----Remove some panels and you can get at most everything----can you even imagine if the panels had 5 to 6 inches of blubber covering. Now think what it's like making a incision through 90 lbs of solid belly fat before you even get to any vitals, yellow nasty human tallow. And it makes for a tough time healing.
A good time for liposuction. Lol Sell it to them rich girls for their lips n butts
Not many get that before surgery.
Hmm Beer Belly Lips, not appealing.
When the viagara commercials came out, It said ask your doctor if this is right for you. I was in my 30s so I asked my doctor,,,,, He stopped what he was doing and continued in serious mode to ask a few questions. I explained about the commercial and got a smile out of him. Later in life, while the doctor was explaining what he was going to do about my heart attack, I interrupted him to ask if I would be able to play the piano??? He replied of course. I said that is great!!! I never could play worth a *****. Got a smile out of him also.
cw4 is the king of zombie threads.