Does anyone know of the cost of a new / used field press either for a 100 or 200 tonnes? Jags
Theres a company in canada that makes a small unit thats portable and seems like the ticket for smaller jobs and its all self contained, wanted one myself but funds were not available, those are trackbuster and right now only about 50 tons for about 7500 bucks new, they are currently working on another version that will do up to 150 tons but you need to talk to them, the other one thats made in the usa was otc machinery now bought out by wtc machinery of wisconsin thier new 100 ton model is around 15k complete depending on the accesories you need to do the job. As for used ones, good luck finding anything descent, they are usually sold the day before I call on them and they are usually in the 5k plus range. It might be the most cost effective to call a local undercarriage place and have them come out and do it for you if you only need it a few times. I'm not sure how much or how big the stuff you work on is but right now the track buster is looking like it'll do most of what needs doing the cheapest out there, I can't remember for sure but maybe up to either a 300 or 400 size excavator undercarriage or up to a D8 machine,they can press with the small unit, but don't quote me on that, check with them instead. 100-200 ton is a massive unit to lug out in the field, you'll need a portable crane to hold it up while working. IF I can help you out any if you can't find them on the internet let me know and I'll attempt to look it up for you again, I stumbled across them by accident and had a hard time to find them, their website isn't easy to come by or navigate, they are a new company and have only about 30-40 units out but they do appear the safest to operate there is or from what I've seen. Theres also a few foreign companies that make knock off looking units to otc and cat but they don't really care if they sell anything or not, anytime I"ve gotten in touch with them they never return my calls, Berco uses and sells one of the foreign complanies press's but have never yet given me a price in all the times I've contacted them over the years. Best of luck
Randy, looks like there is a lot of issue trying to get a field press here in the US. I don't know if you have looked at our website www.krausslynks.com . We are company based in India and specialize in undercarriage remanufacturing. We are also building field presses on custom order. I will send you some pics of the ones we did. I was trying to get one locally for a customer that cannot wait for a month for my shipment to come. Anyway thanks for your input. Let me know if we can help you in anyway.