ok guys I need some help on this one, I have been running heavy equipment all my life started in the mines of northern BC, did my stint doing commercial water and sewer, with the big boys. then moved on to the oil patch, and am now doing residential work, but my question is, is there a course or a school that provides an Instructors accreditation. I would really like to get into Instructing the young people,and pass some of what I know along. Any help would be appreciated
Union is all I know of for that I would guess. Local 138 has a school so I guess they have instructors.
Thanks,speedpup. have a call into the local 115 branch we'll see what they say
there are all sorts of private schools across north america. most are eager to hire the experinced
Thanks for your input,I have found a vocational college, that has an instructors course, guess I'll try and follow that path and see where it leads me thanks again
OSHA states that a person that posses knowledge for that skill is a "competent person". A competent person is able to teach others. I have been a competent person from scaffolding to forklift. Along with being an OSHA 30 hr and 10 hr instructor. I have trained backhoe,excavator and skid steer. A vocational college could help you with finding students, you already have the experience and knowledge to teach them. The instructors course can help you to set up class time so you can keep things fresh and help write tests. It can be hard to talk about a subject for hours or days. It takes time to develop it to your style. The hard part will be the hands on training if you don't have access to equipment. It can be rewarding. Go for it!