Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cost of hoses

TheOldMan ยท 2012-04-22 08:12

I see that Mikey, in the loader problem thread, made the comment that he had had hoses made for $25. I'd like to find his supplier! Replacing hoses on my old 580C is breaking the bank. The only place locally to have them made is NAPA. I just had 2 made, one was $75 and the other $50. Is there a place to have them made by referrring to Case p/n, and maybe have them shipped with a reasonable turnaround time and freight cost?

Replies10
  1. #1JGS Parts2012-04-22 09:03

    mate just becareful finding and using the cheapest hoses might end up costing you more in the long run had a few cheap hoses die on me just as i really needed them.

  2. #2nobull12012-04-22 12:34

    If you know the ends that are used and the size/type of hose I am sure that there has to be people who can help on-line. I have mine made locally and 20-25 dollars is usually the max and some are less. By the way they are Alfagoma (Italian) hose which is better than most. There are people locally that would charge triple that price for an inferior hose. It just seems to be what the market will pay.

  3. #3shopteacher 12012-04-22 15:18

    You need to shop around locally. I get them made at an independent auto parts store for anywhere from $20-40 each - and that is using dayco hose and fittings. The local napa and carquest each charge a labor charge of $10-20 for each hose in addition to the parts. the place I go charges for the parts only and assembles them for free. Also, some of the hydraulic shop are reasonable as well.

  4. #4mikey12012-04-22 19:06

    Let me specify lol I had ends replaced on the existing hoses to bypass the leveling cylinder, probly cost me that to have them fixed back too lol if I reattatch it wich it sounds like i should on here

  5. #5Deon2012-04-22 20:08

    NoBull1, I am also in NS. I was going to go to Strictly Hydraulic to get new hoses done. Do you have a better place you would like to share with me?

  6. #62252012-04-22 21:03

    I have used this company for hoses on my Cat hoe and they are a 3rd of the cost from Cat, fast service. http://www.krjohnson.com/

  7. #7nobull12012-04-22 23:53

    Alfagoma two doors down (in same building) from Princess Auto on Wright. Go in front door and ask to speak to Brian or Tim. Tell them Brian from Blue Barn sent you. I go to Strickly for some things, just not hoses or fittings. Anything else just ask.

  8. #8Deon2012-04-23 20:41

    nobull1, Thanks very much for that info. Next time to the city I will bring a bunch of tired hoses from my old JD in to Alfagoma to get them replaced. I will tell them who sent me. Thanks again.

  9. #9bowen2012-04-23 20:49

    For my machine I do not like replacing the hard tubing with hose. I know the hose can be rated at higher pressures, but sometimes it's hard to keep in the right position. It's bigger and too bulky, unfriendly for saddle supports and clamps. Some hose shops can make the hard pipes, but more labor is required. My local shop almost refuses to make them.

  10. #10TheOldMan2012-04-28 14:32

    Had to have another hose made, so took it to Central Hydraulics in Daytona Beach. Cost me $56.62 for 18" of #12 2wire hose with one solid JIC and one swivel JIC Believe the fittings were 12X16. Took the old hose to NAPA for a quote - $40. Guess where I'll keep going.