Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Could be fun… lol

OCR · 2009-10-05 00:34

This is a picture of a new oil well site, about 8 miles from where I live. The rig, and several semi loads of what ever else it takes, are arriving at noon o'clock tomorrow. ​ The "road" is just to the left of the trees at the bottom... about 1/3 from left of your screen. It gets fairly steep right about where that little knoll is... center of screen... and goes off screen to the left. I took our dozer down this after noon, so I didn't throw mud all over it... and you can probably guess what I'm going to do... well, after you look at this... http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...tField1=45.192083333333&textField2=-107.21625 Is kinda nice to have a winch mounted on your ripper...lol Oh, almost forgot... if you click on the red links, it's more in depth ...lol (pun) OCR PS: That's the town of Lodge Grass, in the background, and the State Shop, right behind the trees.

Replies19
  1. #1RonG2009-10-05 03:33

    Im working on my snowblower today!!That is unbelieveable,I am hoping for another couple of months before we see any here.BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.Ron G

  2. #2amunderdog2009-10-05 07:07

    Where is the holding pond?

  3. #3dritt2009-10-05 19:26

    Nice loc are thay drilling closed lope

  4. #4willie592009-10-05 19:33

    Low of 26 tonight! Low of 13 on Friday! Geeez, I'm not going to post our weather forcast...you'll hate me for life! :tong

  5. #5td25c2009-10-05 20:32

    Thats a nice looking grade on the oil well site OCR,and an awesome view in the background.I would like to visit Lodge grass,maybe some day I will take time to see the great north west.Looks like you may be plowing snow soon.We had 41 degrees this morning and it warmed up to about 70 in the afternoon.Keep us posted on the oil well site.Thats very Interesting.

  6. #6OCR2009-10-05 20:34

    Hadn't started it when I took the picture, amunderdog... they dug it a couple days later. ​ I hope George, the cat skinner, doesn't mind having his picture on the web...lol I'm sure he won't... OCR

  7. #7OCR2009-10-05 20:52

    I didn't go today... rig had an issue with the hole it was currently on, something about the plug blowing out... or some such thing... Tomorrow at 07:30... is the new plan. OCR

  8. #8td25c2009-10-05 21:11

    Dresser TD 15 Thats a nice looking TD 15 OCR.I dont think George will mind you posting a picture of it.Dang! TD 15 with the angle blade ,winch ,and log arch.It dont get much better then that.Is it a carco winch?

  9. #9OCR2009-10-05 21:55

    Hyd. tilt too, 25c. Here's some more, 25c... the machine is immaculate... :thumbsup Check out the grouser rebuild, great job... George didn't always have the newest equipment, but what ever he had, it was taken care of... I have great respect for the guy... known him all my life. ​ OCR

  10. #10OCR2009-10-05 22:09

    Missed one... better picture of grousers.... ​ Well George... you made "the big time"... HEF ... :thumbsup OCR...

  11. #11Deeretime2009-10-06 00:55

    cool deal but are they digging sumps up there ?

  12. #12OCR2009-10-06 01:26

    I'm not sure what the correct name is, Deeretime. We (us locals) always called them pits. I think this one is about 80'x80'??, and about 8'?? deep. It has a center divider and some kind of liner in the bottom and sides. The one end is filled with water, the other is dry. OCR

  13. #13willie592009-10-06 19:51

    Sounds like pits for the drilling fluid. When they start drilling, they will pump water from the pit, mix it with something like bentonite to make drilling mud, and pump it through the drill string to wash the cuttings out of the hole produced by drill bit. They will then send the return mud to the empty pit so the cuttings will settle. The drill mud is then usually recovered and pumped back through the hole. At least that's the way we did it.

  14. #14td25c2009-10-06 21:35

    George's TD 15 C Awesome well kept older dozer OCR.We have An IH TD 15 B oil field dozer.It has a carco #50 winch on it.They are a nice mid size unit able to handle small or big jobs.Thanks for posting the pictures of the dozer & the grouser rebuild.I love those TD 15's!

  15. #15OCR2009-10-08 00:31

    You got it ATCO... 100%, right on the money... :thumbsup OCR

  16. #16Deeretime2009-10-11 22:08

    Yea i see but i thought that was kinda a thing of the past i havent seen a pit or dug 1 for ten years . We use 3 or more of what looks like the bottom of a grain bin about 5 feet high and 30ft in diamiter instead. then u just unbolt them and haul the dry mud away no pits 0 ground disturbance

  17. #17I AM IRONMAN2009-10-17 02:19

    Nice TD 15 OCR. Do you still have the 750? Glad to see you have some of that oil to give the economy a boost in your area.

  18. #18OCR2009-11-14 03:12

    Yup...still have the 750, I AM IRONMAN. OCR...

  19. #19hardtail2009-11-14 04:00

    Man that is one mint 15..........if a guy could only own one machine that one would be it........but since one isn't restrained that way I see a big crease in the ROPS, maybe from both sides? whats the story on what caused that. That would have been a lump on the noggin :dizzy