Hello everyone, My parent's neighbour has an old 2010 John Deere dozer with Backhoe on it that he was talking about getting rid of... It is the gas engine model. He says it only goes in cirlces when he tries to drive it. The bad part is that this machine went through the flood we had in 2003, when I flew over his house it was under water right up to the hood. He did have it running afterwards and moved it to where it sits today but since then I don't think it's run ever again. He says he did flush the engine out several times before starting it, not sure about the rest of the fluids though... What should I offer him when I talk to him about it? I'm going to try to get it for as free as possible (maybe trade for some work with the D6 while I come over there to drag it away)... What do you all think? These are the only 2 pictures I have of it taken a day after the big flood...
There is a site called "JDCrawlers" or similar...there are some experts there to advise you. I would imagine the steering would need attention...I think it requires each final drive to be removed.The diesel engines were a pain on some of those 2010 & 1010 models...unsure about the Gas version. Personally,I wouldn't touch another 1010 or 2010.....I've never seen a good one.Maybe they didn't age very well. Any machine that has been drowned is likely to be "challenging"....
Its worth scrape value, and scrap is up right now. I wouldn't give any more than that.
I have never seen a dozer with a hoe on it. We have a 1962 diesel 2010c loader that is a great machine. Once the engine warms up it runs like a champ!:usa It's an early one though. First 200 maybe:beatsme It also has a hoe but the swivel motor casting is cracked:Banghead
If you adjust the steering clutches you only have to pull the seat out. If the clutches themselves need work you will have to pull the final drives. As to 2010's not aging well ours is still going strong thank you very much!