Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

could my excavator lift this?

Panorama ยท 2009-08-07 19:51

I am bringing in a concrete septic tank-- 9500 pounds -- or a smaller one 8000 pounds -- do you think my EX60 could lift it off a trailer and into the ground? thanks!

Replies12
  1. #1Squizzy246B2009-08-07 20:02

    Your load charts are in your operators manual or available from your dealer or online. Those are reliable data sources. FYI a ZX70 will not lift those loads off a truck bed.

  2. #2Willis Bushogin2009-08-07 20:32

    lifting

  3. #3Chris917862009-08-07 21:16

    One way to find out.....

  4. #4DigDug2009-08-07 21:16

    Hello Panorama, sorry but your excavator will not lift even half of that tank weight. Good luck, doug

  5. #5digger242j2009-08-07 21:28

    Ask on Heavy Equipment Forums? :cool2

  6. #6Chris917862009-08-07 21:37

    Yes, but the other way could be more fun!

  7. #7dozerdave2009-08-07 21:40

    Hi Panorama, Would a fiberglass septic tank work for you?

  8. #8Hendrik2009-08-07 22:33

    and more dangerous, it is really easy to tip a machine over lifting too much. Particularly lifting a load over the backfill blade and then slewing to the side. No a 6 tonne ex will not lift a 4 to 5 tonne septic, get a crane or bigger ex. I would think the maximum a 6 tonner would lift is one tonne, more close in over the blade.

  9. #9Panorama2009-08-07 22:58

    okay thanks for your input.... I guess I'll have to look at other options!

  10. #10Kgmz2009-08-07 23:05

    Who is bringing in the tank? Around here the delivery truck has a crane and drops in into the hole. Or is this tank going in a spot where you cannot get a truck by it?

  11. #11Panorama2009-08-08 00:16

    The crane truck is an option - if they deliver. -- It was just cheaper for me to go and pick it up myself -- it is a ways away from the manufacturer.

  12. #12Willis Bushogin2009-08-08 15:40

    lifting I always have the tank guy set the tanks, it cost a little more, but its built in with the price. If he drops it, its his and its a lot faster, if he does it. There has been 2 occasions, that I had to hire a crane, because of the soil