Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC4000 Pictures

Cat 328d lcr ยท 2009-08-08 14:39

Hey guys figured I would share these with you. Heres the pc4000 I seen in PA. Its mining coal loading 785b's. I'm going back today to check out some of the other equipment in the area.

Replies13
  1. #1EGS2009-08-08 15:52

    I need that for loading 740's!

  2. #2MrElectric032009-08-08 16:26

    Awesome machine, the biggest ive seen in person is a PC3000 but it was mounted on a barge and had no tracks.

  3. #3N.CarolinaDozer2009-08-08 16:41

    Awesome machine, I wonder what size does is that in front of it, a D10?

  4. #4Dozerboy2009-08-08 17:16

    Nice someone needs to watch there swing area... My guess is a D9

  5. #5Wolf2009-08-08 17:24

    THat is one powerful machine. awesome!

  6. #6Shamrock2009-08-10 16:50

    I can't get over how clean it is! We bought a Hitachi from Noah and this thing was just a walking lube station. Used to leak over 400 litres of Hydraulic fluid a shift .

  7. #7Cat 328d lcr2009-08-11 19:51

    Thanks guys!!! The dozer in front is a Komatsu D475. About the size of a D11R. The operator told a friend of mine the machine need repairs all the time and shuts off by its self 2 times a day.

  8. #8stretch2009-08-12 12:06

    Is that down at Reading's pit?

  9. #9Cat 328d lcr2009-08-12 18:11

    Yep. St. Kern

  10. #10Hendrik2009-08-15 00:45

    Just curious, why is there a second ladder on the side of the machine?

  11. #11alco2009-08-15 00:50

    More than likely an emergency escape ladder. Brian

  12. #12devils26192009-08-15 01:00

    Already mentioned, but just routine maintenance on a machine that size must take several days.

  13. #13Shamrock2009-08-15 02:56

    Thats the Girlfriend ladder. On a machine that big you need two means of egress. Especially when a truck and shovel "swap paint". Usually the first victim is the ladder on that side.