I have a kubota svl90-2 that I'm running a mulcher head a baumalight brushfire ms760 that weighs 3,500lbs. I do fine on frozen ground, but on soft ground the front of the tracks sink in and starts to tip the machine. Most of my property is swamp so this is a problem. I cant find any counter weights for this machine so it looks like I'll have to design some. Anyone out there make, design, or have any ideas on this matter? Thank, Gary
Maybe one of these? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4bVxZCohvAk Y ou may also be able to have a steel shop cut plates out of 3/4 or 1” thick material and bolt it to the sides of the machine.
I really like the bumper style in that youtube video you sent me. I'm not short on tools or ability just ideas. I think I'm going with some version of the bumper style. I would have to drill and tap 4 holes in my frame as kubota to the best of my knowledge didnt make any provision for counterweights. Thanks for the help, Gary
That last post is MESSED UP. The "quote" ends are outside the response.
i was doing this on my phone and it didnt work very good
Kubota doesn't make any provisions for counterweights or a bumper so I decided to build it my self and this is my new bumper/counterweight.
Very nice clean design and fabrication
That's what it looks like all hooked up and completed
ggeh ... Are the tubes filled ? Hard to believe it counter weights your mulching head.
Yeah- hard to see how 2-6' pieces of square tubing would offset a 3,500 lb mulcher. Even if they were full. I'm thinking he needs a rack of suitcase weights.
20' of 4inch square tube 6' 3inch square tube all .250 wall + mounting brackets 40lbs each put it at 300lbs + it all sits behind the rear track roller about foot and a half which transfers weight from front to rear. No filling in tube needed.
https://www.normeng.com.au/products/rippers/16-rear-rippers A versatile counterweight if there's ever one. You could also bolt a winch onto it. Also a good help after you pop the tracks off
Nice job with that! Even if it isn't enough weight you could always hang suitcase weights on or weld/bolt on some plate steel.
Nice job Gary! Not to hijack your thread, what backup camera and monitor are you using?
Eterra CM-20 - Camera System I purchased it from skidsteer solutions back in 2014 for $375.00. I thought I had to have a special camera/monitor for a machine. I think I could have used one made for a car and saved lots of money. Live and learn. I'm shearing tag alders now, when I get finished and paid maybe ill upgrade it to a bigger and better one. My monitor is only a 5". Thanks for looking, Gary It's