We have a Cat 272c and we are getting into lifting and moving lots of paver stones and just ordered some counter weights to help our cause. The dealer has ordered 4x75 lb weights per side adding 600 lbs in counter weight total. What will this do in regards to adding additional lifting capacity for our machine? Approx lbs added, etc? Thanks!
It isn't going to do anything for the lifting capacity, that being a hydraulic function...its just going to keep the a....rear end on the ground better when you are lifting at or near ROC. It certainly helps when you have the load pointed down hill. Of course I know nobody on this forum would ever dream of lifting beyond the machines Rated Operating Capacity.....
That is what I wanted. According to Cat specs you get more LIFTING/OPERATING capacity with optional counter weights...I know it helps keep ass end down and that is what we want...but it also increases operating capacity and my dealer didn't know by how much so I thought I would ask.
LOL ! ... ya right no one know what lifting more than rated cap is, LMFAO .... Beware with that kind of counter weight when going up a grade with just the forks on ...... Beware on the flat too .... POPS Wheeeelies like a b*****d .....YAAAHOOOO !
Yep...
Depending what Cat wants for the weight package ? ....but I added the same amount to my A-300 and used suit case weights, like the ones on farm tractors .... the benifit of that is you can take them off in a min, and also tailor the amount of counter weight you want at one time ..... I love the extra stability when off camber, or just having the balance when using a heavy attachment like my mulcher, 2200#'s of forward weight ...... just a thought
Buying solid rubber tires (no air) did more for the stability of my New Holland LS160 than the counterweights by huge margin. Totally changed the balance while loading into high dumptrucks. Made a big difference and helped offset the very rough ride that the solid tires give.