Here our a couple room additions I dug in the last two weeks hope work comes up. Just a younging at 23 but Im fourth generation just another dumb excavator according to my high school teacher.
job i did today
finished up going home
12,000sqft house i dug last novermber crazy undercuts dirt sucked and lots and lots of coners
Holly crap that is some nice work. Good job!
Thanks i take pride in my work .
looks good 312!. im a youngin too at 25....people laughed at me when i was 17 and started with a skid loader instead of going to college. wasnt gonna make it racing moto so diggin is the next best thing. half a million $ in equipmnet and tools later i bet i make more than all the teachers that thought i was dumb.
Excellent work man, thats what a jobsite should look like at the end of the day. What do you haul your machine with?
Nice job I'm 30 and started when I was 19 on a Cat 215. I wish I had been able to buy my own machine when I was 23. I love doing those kind of jobs I worked for a basement excavation company for three years I never had any luck convincing my boss to buy a smaller machine like that we only ever used Cat 320's. Have you ever tried using a tilt bucket for that kind of work?
locally, if you're not running a gummer bucket, and within 1/2" +/-.............you're either buying the extra concrete, or paying somebody to hand trim them to grade.
Nice, neat looking work.
I tell you what 312King........screw what you guidance councillor may have told you, THATS SOME DAMN NICE DIGGING.
thanks everyone for the coments. We haul our 312s with six wheeler dump trucks with 2 axle tag trailers.
I wanna buy a wrist for some burm work we do. The only thing is non of our machines are plumbed for one. And when were digging these room additons we use 48" 1.15 yard buckets on these machines. I dont understand how people dig houses tiny buckets. Not meaning to offend anyone but I could never dig with a 36" bucket for doing this type of work.
Mine our always on grade and the concrete guys love me, Never ever had one complaint.
I have to say my work has never looked like that, because i never ever thought to try. So that begs the question, how do you keep it so neat 312? I'm guessing you push the spoils from the edge of the dig into the hole as you go along? Thanks for the tip. :notworthy :beatsme
Wow! what great jobs! The first hole is so tight, no room to even swing around. Would be impossible for me to cut such verticals with no room to position the machine. And no broken pipes, and even the AC unit is still standing there like you found it. The second hole is complicated with the different levels. How do you cut the edges so vertical and square. You must have a computer brain to figure out where to have your machine to scrape up the corners so perfectly. Also you must have an esp connection with your rod man to get the bottom so flat. Super work. Hell, with you doing the hole, the crew can skip the footings, just just pour in the slab and start framing!
i see people all the time using 36'' buckets to dig basements. first of all there isnt much money in basements around here, if there is even any to dig. i like to get in and get out. i use a 48'' with side cutters on my 160. if you dig with the center of the bucket on the build line it works out percect. 2' for the footer, 8''-10'' for footer drain on inside and outside of footer and then the over dig is about perfect for backfilling. i wouldnt even know how to offset to use a 36'' on the ones i dig.
Thanks guys for all the comments. My trick is i just use the belly of the bucket and smooth the spoils on top or as you said pull them in the hole. For the walls I just dig them right on the line all the way down using the side cutters to shave off anything that might stick out. I know alot of people dont belive that Im only 23 but I am and all i have ever done my whole life is run equipment. When kids my age had sand boxes i have 15 acres and was playing with our 215 or our 110. Errol I always make my plain of attack in the morning what Im going to do with the spols how Im going to dig it and what coner I will start with so I dont MIss anything. It really help watching my dad growing up my whole life. Hes the one I thank the most for teaching so much and pushing me to be the best. When dads want there kids to be the best at sports he wanted me to be the best at our field of expertise. Thanks again for alll the kind comments guys.
You sound like a great young man. My son has been on equipment his whole life too and I think by his age (23) he is now a better operator than me, and I taught him everything I knew!
312, i wish i had those kinds of toys when i was growing up, altho sure loved playing with the excavators and dozers in the sand box. now i am 27 and have an sk130 and dads got a d5, we have both bought in the past year and a half. i have never dug a basement before, but i think i will go out in the pasture and try it sometime, lol. i'll mark out a fake basement with different levels and such, and just see how i do. the closest thing i have dug is a corn dump pit for a neighbor, it was 6'x6' so the hole was 8'x8' 7'deep with no laser. i was within 1/2" all around, i thought that was close enough. but obviously a basement is much larger and should be more exact. what are some tricks you guys use to train your stick man?? anything?? i am new to this whole thing... but i can run the machine, now i just need some help holding a perfect grade. i can eyeball it from the seat and be within a few inches in larger areas, but i'd like to be better. thanks!