Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Photos of big diggers I have run

golfy ยท 2010-04-13 19:38

Hey guys.. I am new to the forum and have searched for big iron stories and have seen a few threads asking question about "who runs the big gear and whats it like?". I live in Australia and have been working my way up over the last ten years to get achieve my dream of operating the big mining equipment. Although this meant doing some crappy jobs, now i can look back and be happy that I have achieved my goals on my own operating merits..:tong Thought I would share some photos I have taken over the last few years of the big stuff. I'll get some more when I get a better phone!!! Can see the storm coming in the background.. this is the new 432e i was running.. and also having fun in the mud!!

Replies15
  1. #1golfy2010-04-13 19:45

    some more... the 311 was being used in this configuration as no concrete pump was availiable.. fun for me!!

  2. #2golfy2010-04-13 19:53

    few more!! dont bog a digger at night.. bosses dont like having to come in to sort it out!!! various factors made this happen.. i wasnt concentrating.. and also the ground was very soft.. ended up heaving the next day.. not all that damage was caused by me though!!! also showing L1850 loader

  3. #3golfy2010-04-13 19:57

    few more.. I was running the tip head this day in the D10R.. and a smart arse chick thought it would be funny to run out a Cat 789c load behind me.. with a flat blade on the dozer it took a while to clean up

  4. #4golfy2010-04-13 20:01

    more.. me happily running the dump in the 11.. previous day shown where the dump had slumped BADLY.. it happens very quick.. also a shot of the "advisor" screen in the "T" series dozer... check out those totals!!! then the 5500 shovel

  5. #5golfy2010-04-13 20:03

    more...

  6. #6Ross2010-04-16 10:19

    Cracking pictures ..

  7. #7redline2010-04-17 05:21

    wow nice work on the pics, thanks for sharing.

  8. #8Aussie Broker2010-04-17 07:06

    Awesome Pics, next time im in the area I will be dropping in for sure...

  9. #9golfy2010-04-17 07:17

    hey guys.. cheers for the comments.. i can tell you the 3600-5 is probably the best digger i have run.. pretty fast for its size and the mitsubishi motors sound great too!! by the way i am 6'4" tall.. so those tracks a bloody big!! aussie broker.. where u going to stop in??? :beatsme

  10. #10cart'n'stones2010-04-27 03:07

    Great pic's there mate.

  11. #11redline2011-08-25 06:42

    hey bloke how's the mining going? i am in middlemount myself running a 432E I kid u not lol

  12. #12Juice2011-08-27 05:55

    excellent pics. I'm very jealous. Don't get to play with iron that big in underground mining. I'd love to get my hands on some gear that size.

  13. #13golfy2011-08-30 00:17

    Hey Redline.. seems your not too far away from where i am!!! I love my job.. we just got another RH340B shovel.. a bycurus one.. though they are CAT now!! Yeah i loved the 432E series.. way better than the d series thats for sure.. the pilot controls for the backhoe were excellent.. though i could not figure out why they crimp the thief tag onto the joystick for the front bucket.. does your have that??? You know the tag u have to swipe to start it.. thats a crazy idea.. Juice.. Yeah its a life long dream to get onto this stuff for me.. get on all the gear which is good!!! Are u looking to get into surface mining?? Few more photos I have taken on my new phone!! Enjoy..

  14. #14redline2011-08-30 08:00

    hey golfy, nah our 432E does not have that thief thing u talk of, it is ten times better than the 432D we also have onsite. yeh they have just finished assembling a new bucyrus/cat digger that is due to be put to work on thursday, my dream is to also move into the bigger gear, its awesome running around in the backhoe amongst all the 785/793's and D11's lol

  15. #15Juice2011-09-03 23:52

    I'd certainly think about if I got to play on gear that Big!!