Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cousins 379 Pete

EZ TRBO ยท 2008-01-12 21:24

Few pics of my Cousins' 379 Pete and his ol Freightliner. Trbo

Replies16
  1. #1Jeff D.2008-01-12 21:36

    :drinkupSWEET!! I wonder what the cable he's hanging his sun glasses from is ,though?? :beatsme

  2. #2NateV2008-01-12 22:33

    CB cable?:beatsme maybe

  3. #3jimmyjack2008-01-12 22:50

    cb wire. looks nice kinda older look on a truck , whats a 07 i see its got rocker switchs not toggles

  4. #4ddot4302008-01-12 23:17

    nice pete car - i like on the color of the flames match up perfect with the base color:notworthy

  5. #5EZ TRBO2008-01-13 10:00

    Thanks all, I will pass the comments onto him. The cord is the cb mike(if you look in the pic you can see the mike just on the dash). The truck is an '06, they had purchased a new quad axle in early '05, for hauling milk, but on mothers day that May it go T-boned by a bonehead in a large sprayer truck. While they were debating with the insurance companies on things they bought a tanker to pull behind a tractor and we hurried and got the old '82 Pete ready, took the bunk off, shortened the length, etc. That was a lil too rough of day being in that all day so they purchased this truck and shortly after he went back to over the road and has been doing that since. Trbo

  6. #6Jeff D.2008-01-13 19:39

    well I'll be!! I'd not seen a mike without the black coily telephone style cord before, huh?! He could talk on the CB from in the back of his sleeper with that one.

  7. #7Countryboy2008-01-13 20:01

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums ddot430! :drinkup

  8. #8tonka2008-01-16 04:13

    Nice pete, the ftl did it haul chips?

  9. #9GOINGBROKE2008-01-16 06:27

    looks sharp

  10. #10EZ TRBO2008-01-16 08:29

    Thats a pic I took of the ol' chicken truck last fall out hauling corn. Even when my cousin was running to the west coast with it weekly it was always back home to haul corn for a large grain farm(at one time almost 10,000 acres). They are down to about 3,500 now, getting into more other areas of business. I just snaped a few pics of it out hauling corn cause it was a nice day. Trbo

  11. #11tonka2008-01-16 08:31

    Ah ok it just looked like chips on the ground, but now that i look at it it's husks.

  12. #12Eric2008-01-16 09:50

    That's a sweet Pete, do you know the specs on it?

  13. #13EZ TRBO2008-01-16 12:53

    379 Long hood, C-15 Cat, 18-speed, dual str8 pipes, "coffin" bunk, not sure on the wheel base etc. Head lights are off an older 359, everything else is LED's. Anything more I'll have to ask. Trbo

  14. #14Eric2008-01-16 16:53

    Thanks that's a heck of truck, you ought to tell him to check out www.gotwheelbase.com . He'd like it there.

  15. #15EZ TRBO2008-01-16 16:55

    He is going to stretch it out some, make her longer. I'm sure he has the website, but if not I will pass it on. Thanks Trbo

  16. #16Young James2008-01-16 19:17

    that is one of the cleanest dashes I have ever seen, ever!