Has anyone done this? I have an old Terex paddle wheel with a rear mounted engine that runs the paddle wheel.
What do you plan on pulling it with? How many yards is it?
Would be pulling it with a rubber tracked John Deere farm tractor and it is an 11 yard scraper. Pic of it is on my web site under "equipment" page.
Just build a heavy dolly and extend your hoses and controls. Are you planning to leave the elevator? I know a man that took a good Hancock paddle wheel and pulled the elevator and put a dolly on it to dig a pond. it would over ride the relif valve in the control land let the bowl push back, then he pulled the relifs out and it slid the bowl back and broke the ram. I saw one of the Terex units with the power unit for the elevator replaced with a hydraulic motor and a gear box. One othe r conversion I saw in the delta was a paddle wheel thatthe gooseneck left intact to be put back to the self prpelled unit.