Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cp-563 vs cp-563c vs cp-563d

earthscratcher ยท 2016-03-08 14:48

is the older straight 563 has good as the newer c and d model, which have you found to be the best unit?

Replies2
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2016-03-11 11:04

    When the original 563 was new, I worked with a company that demoed one against all of the competing brands, and it was the best, with no doubt. The Cat 563 was the only one with dual pump drive so the tires AND drum have drive power. This is crucial to climb, as the other brands all used open center systems, and like an open diff in a pickup, the end with the least traction would spin, then all the flow went that way, and you could not move. The Cat with dual pumps was the only one that would go in and out of the ramps into the 20+ foot deep excavations, and also the only one that the knock down blade would knock down more than an anthill. The problem with one now would be age and fatigue, as a vibratory machine is hard on every component. I do recall liking the C model better when it came out, and primarily because it had more power, and it seems like the controls were easier, but I cant remember why I thought that. I remember the power, because the C was pushy enough to spread dump truck piles without any problem. Three passes was all it would take, one on each side of the pile, then one down the center. When I was on the original 563, I don't recall feeling it lacked power, but I recall being more impressed with the C.

  2. #2CM19952016-03-12 09:26

    I have a 533E which was bought new. It's a smooth drum with a shell kit, been a great roller. Similar to the 563 it will climb due to both rear axle and drum drive.