Hello All, Been working on this machine for awhile now - bought it used and fixing it up as I have time and money. Background: SK100 Mark 5 ACERA (grey market) serial YW06533 The display was out when I bought it so I ordered an LCD board from China, took the cluster apart and soldered in the new board. Adjust the dimmer and presto - working display. The downside? Now I can see the errors! A-1 CPU ROM Data Failure is the current issue. I have briefly done continuity tests, checked all fuses, checked momentary switches on the back of the board in the cluster (reason coming up below), etc. Replaced C1 controller, replaced C2 controller (cluster controller) to no avail. The reason for momentary switches and C2 is because when I push "mode" it won't switch screens to view RPM data, etc. Also holding down buzzer stop for 5-10 seconds will not get me into programming for an A adjustment - which makes sense if there is a CPU problem... Anyone know if the cluster itself is bad if it would cause the CPU to generate this error? I have a strong computer background (college) so I understand how ROM works with a CPU but haven't been able to find a "theory of operation" for this machine to actually know the procedure it goes through when starting up (like a POST on a computer in your home and CMOS). I am not sure where the ROM data is stored or even which controller has the CPU. Knowing any of these will surely point me in the right direction. Just wondering if anyone has had any similar issues before I work through pages and pages of electrical schematics testing every single circuit and connector, which I have already done for all circuits between C1 and C2. I have the shop manual for this machine and all electrical schematics (but no theory). Thanks everyone! Brian
The whole problem is there is no data to load or is corrupted. Once the ROM chip is damaged the parameters for machine operation and sensor feedback are gone so the processor has nothing to compare the information to. This may or may not be a ROM problem as the processor itself could be at fault and is not polling the ROM data. Pull the panel and check all of the data lines between your ROM chip and the processor. May just be a cold solder joint.
Hello BillG, Thank you for replying... Is the ROM chip in C1 housing? Speaking of cold solder joints... off this topic but in my 6.0 Powerstroke had a no start the other day. Pulled the FICM and found a few cold ones - reflowed them all (16 joints and 4 resistors). Put it back in and the truck fired right up! I wonder how many components have been scrapped likely due to vibration rattling solder loose. A new FICM was $800. Ok, back on the Kobelco - If I could take a pic and share could you point me to it?
Probably, but before going to the trouble of taking and posting pics try moving or flexing the board and see if the problem changes. I won't be back on for a week or so, but you can post it and i will take a look.
I added pic to my previous post. This is the new C1 Controller board (I had it in my phone).
Anyone else have any ideas? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk