Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

crane

Anitha ยท 2018-08-08 06:18

What is the importance of cranes?

Replies12
  1. #1Vetech632018-08-08 06:48

    Any crane? If It wasn't for my Auto Crane, I'd be disabled by now.

  2. #2Junkyard2018-08-08 08:03

    Are we talking in the literal sense or is that more of a philosophical question? Then again it could just be rhetorical like what is the importance of beer....

  3. #3hosspuller2018-08-08 14:33

    Nothing, if you have a few thousand slaves. The Ancient Egyptians who built the Great Pyramids had neither crane nor wheel.

  4. #4kshansen2018-08-08 15:26

    Throughout Asia, the crane is a symbol of happiness and eternal youth. In Japan, the crane is one of the mystical or holy creatures (others include the dragon and the tortoise) and symbolizes good fortune and longevity because of its fabled life span of a thousand years. Or is this question about something other than the bird?

  5. #5kshansen2018-08-08 15:28

    If I have too many beers I get all kinds of rhetorical!

  6. #6Ct Farmer2018-08-08 17:37

    Actually, I crane my neck many times per day to see the guy in the ditch, if I didn't I would have to open the door and all the ice cold air would get out. That is why a good crane is important.

  7. #7td25c2018-08-08 19:24

    My take on it is beer drinking is good for the economy . If the brewery is at capacity so are the cranes . Do your part & have another barley soda .

  8. #8Welder Dave2018-08-09 19:56

    Here's a Wikipedia page on cranes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_(bird)

  9. #9crane operator2018-08-09 23:08

    Crane? What is this crane you speak of? Me use rock and long tree trunk. If no move, get longer tree.

  10. #10petepilot2018-08-09 23:47

    paul would just pick it up and toss it

  11. #11kshansen2018-08-10 06:23

    I had read that one and was interested to learn that a Crane IS NOT the same bird as a Heron. I always thought they were just different names for the same bird, like some people call a soft drink SODA and others call it POP. Seems the easy way to tell them apart in flight is the way they hold there head Cranes fly with necks outstretched where the Herons fly with their necks retracted, not outstretched kind of a Z shape. Very interesting how some random question can get someone to learn something new totally unrelated to the original question. And as a service to Crane Operator I am posting the following link! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_superlative_trees#Tallest Might help him with his next project

  12. #12Anitha2018-08-16 03:00