Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crane and rigging conference

Tradesman ยท 2013-07-03 19:03

I just got my copy of crane and hoist Canada and there is an add for the CRC Crane & Rigging Conference on October 22 -23 in Edmonton.My question is there any value for me in going to it, by that I mean a one man show with a boom truck, or is it geared more towards the movers and shakers in the industry. I don't want to take a couple days off and spend a bunch of cash just to show up and feel out of place. Not that a trip to beautiful western Canada would be a waste, I intend to do the tourist thing for a few days but it would be quite disappointed if the show wasn't what I expected Look forward to any input Glen

Replies3
  1. #1Tiny2013-07-03 20:14

    Here some jobs are calling for qualified riggers and you have to produce a valid card showing them you have been thru a course of instruction , if that was part of the deal I would consider it .

  2. #2Tradesman2013-07-03 20:57

    Did a two day coarse last winter but I can always learn more, it would be nice to learn more actual rigging not just rigging safty, real hands on stuff and I would love to see some advanced rigging supplies

  3. #3Knocker of rock2013-07-03 22:44

    All jobs require a qualified rigger. The problem is that many of the people requesting a qualified rigger don't really know what one is. A card is not always required http://www.osha.gov/Publications/cranes-qualified-rigger-factsheet.pdf