Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crane dolly?

Welder Dave ยท 2021-07-26 02:06

Is it common to have the boom partly extended on the dolly behind the crane? I passed a large Grove GMK crane on the highway and the boom was extended maybe 8 to 10 feet on the dolly.

Replies4
  1. #1crane operator2021-07-26 16:53

    Not unusual at all. The crane is too heavy on the carrier, and telescoping boom throws more boom weight onto the dolly, where you usually have all kinds of extra. Personally, I hate running that way, its awkward on corners and its really hanging back there. But it makes the weigh boys happy.

  2. #2John C.2021-07-27 00:06

    It's not much fun when they forget to unlock the house before they leave the yard.

  3. #3LACHAU2021-09-22 11:42

    It look like this photo?? If you say yes that is regularity.

  4. #4Welder Dave2021-09-22 12:00

    Not quite that far out and the I think the dolly was still under the block.