Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crane inspector

linebore 141 ยท 2016-06-06 00:22

Does anyone know what I would have to go through to become a certified crane inspector? Thanks for any help !!!

Replies7
  1. #1lantraxco2016-06-06 02:58

    First step is having your sense of humor surgically removed..... :tong

  2. #2old-iron-habit2016-06-06 11:32

    Check with your state OSHA office. They check the crane documents during their site visits. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

  3. #3John C.2016-06-06 18:53

    They all used to laugh at whatever I was working on.

  4. #4MarcSmith2016-06-14 01:19

    I want to know that what is the process for applying for the certified crane inspector and what are the qualifications required for the same?

  5. #5John C.2016-06-14 21:18

    The guy here that I used to use years ago worked for an engineer who set up the inspection process for him. The inspector was a real experienced hand who had worked in the industry for years and the engineer basically set up a computer program that generated the papers for the different types of machines, crawler, truck or rough terrain cranes. I don't know for sure but I think the signing of the papers was done by the engineer. I did work for a Link-Belt dealer who at that time provided an inspection sheet that any competent mechanic was able to fill out. Link-Belt didn't require any kind of certification for the inspectors. The inspection process was pretty basic. It was the specified lift that had to be accomplished that took some knowledge. A known weight was on site and the boom had to be situated so that when picking up the weight it had to be a 100% rated lift. The engineer had created a computer program that calculated the radius that the specified weight would be lifted at. I then had to move the weight through 360 degrees while the inspector went around the machine looking for problems. All this may be different now because operators are being required to carry something that shows competence. You might check with one of the operator training schools in your area. They might be able to at least steer you toward some type of regulation or regulatory authority.

  6. #6Evans2016-08-13 12:42

    hello to you all, i have managed to replace damanged pump with a new one. I put new hyd oil nearly 580L in total. everything seems to be working well except the second boom which is only coming out but not retracting .at first it was not doing both then i topped up oil to the top of the tank gauge. it started working coming out but no going back. please help

  7. #7Evans2016-08-13 13:07

    hi ,my post came to you guys by mistake , sorryyy but I hope you can help me.