Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crane operator wages in your area

Bluwenis ยท 2008-07-24 22:02

Seattle, WA Wages for Local 302 through June 2010 the last contract was $9 over 3 years Pension $7.55 Health $6.90 Training and Apprenticeship $.70 Union Dues $25 a month plus 2% of gross $36.92 Cranes: Over 300 tons or 300' of boom Cranes: Friction Over 200 tons $36.36 Cranes: 200 tons to 300 tons, or 250' of boom Cranes: Friction 100 tons through 199 tons Tower crane over 175' in height, base to boom $35.79 Cranes: 100 tons through 199 tons, or 150' of boom Tower crane up to 175' in height base to boom $35.24 Cranes: 45 tons through 99 tons $34.75 Cranes: 20 tons through 44 tons $34.33 Cranes: under 20 tons

Replies9
  1. #1Lashlander2008-07-25 00:16

    All those pay rates seem a little over board. I can see a break in small to large but 6 of them?

  2. #2Bluwenis2008-07-25 00:19

    You should see the breakdown for dirt equipment, wow! I'd rather see that than many other trades, where everyone is paid the same no matter what you do. 302 covers Alaska too, the rates might vary.

  3. #3Lashlander2008-07-25 00:37

    So did they scrap the 4, 3, 2, 1, and 1A system? How about Tower Cranes? Where do they fall into the mix? On edit, I went back and reread your post. I see you addressed Tower Cranes.

  4. #4Bluwenis2008-07-25 00:40

    Its still similar. 4, 3, 2, 1, 1a, 1aa, 1aaa. Both tower scales were listed in the above post. They added another scale on top for friction and over 300 last contract

  5. #5Lashlander2008-07-25 00:55

    If you work for an outfit that has several Cranes on a job and you spend time in each one do they keep track and bounce your pay all over the place?

  6. #6Bluwenis2008-07-25 01:02

    The highest rate applies for the whole day. Usually a contractor won't change your scale at all. For example, I usually operate a tower, but if I go run a forklift or elevator for a few weeks between cranes I still get paid my tower scale. I think its a lot of work for payroll to change your pay rate all the time.

  7. #7Lashlander2008-07-25 01:10

    Thats what I was thinking, It would cost more to track all the hours than to just pay the top rate for what you operate.

  8. #8mikef872008-07-25 16:39

    We get paid by the boom length here, and an extra $5 an hour if you have a pile driving hammer on. 150 feet-$1.91 185 feet-$3.36 210 feet-$4.72 250 feet-$7.15 295 feet-$9.91 350 feet-$11.53 Guaranteed 40 hours-$36.86 Broken time $42.73 all overtime is double time

  9. #9insleyboy2008-07-25 21:18

    Pile drivers are decreased here. Criminal if you ask me! Base crane pay..36.58 400 ft, plus It breaks down from there but not a lot pension.....6.95 vacation....5.49 Good pay, good hours, we are lucky!