Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cranking no smoking and no starting 3176C engine for 966G wheel loader

Olori Joshua ยท 2021-08-29 09:43

Engine model: 3176C Engine sn: 3PD13089 Machine model: 966G Machine sn: AXJ02657 This is what happened and what I have done so far: 1. Engine was overhauled. 2. Fixed injectors not new 3. Ecm from another 3176B engine for motor grader. (Ecm part number is 3482379) I flashed it with this flash file number 3015171 4. Now it's ready we are trying to start. It's cranking no smoking and no starting. 5. I connected my ET. I could sometimes get all the parameters good and sometimes all the pressure sensors status showing abnormal/incorrect data. I will disconnect all the pressure sensors and when I connect back the abnormal/incorrect data would clear and come again after a long time. 6. I have carried out pressure sensors open or short circuit test. Test ok. 7. Anytime it shows all pressure sensors abnormal/incorrect data it will flag the following: a. Altitude derate b. Engine derate c. Injection disabled d. No engine speed 8. When i can see all the pressure sensors status ok, it will flag only the following: a. No engine speed b. Injection disabled 9 fuel pressure when i could see the pressure sensors status ok during cranking: a. Fuel pressure 57psi b. Atmospheric pressure 14.0 c. Oil pressure 18psi ( this oil pressure will go back to 0 (zero psi ) as soon as I return key to run position. Now I have done all the test that I know and all ok except the pressure sensors that sometimes showing abnormal/incorrect data and altitude derate and engine derate Please i need your help to what is causing the pressure sensors malfunctioning and what to do to get the engine running. Could it be the ecm? Thanks. Attached are the status at different cranking time.

Replies2
  1. #1Shivan Dookeran2021-08-31 05:42

    hey if the engine was overhauled only why was the ecu changed? was it defective?

  2. #2Olori Joshua2021-08-31 12:08

    thanks for your feedback. the ecu was sent to another engine that was ready at that time. this is its own ecu part number that was sent to another engine pn: 2405307 it was not defective but because no ecu was on ground for the engine and this engine was not ready then.