Fiat Allis R12A2TZ550329, gear shifter only gets 3rd and forth gear, Transmission is fine, can get all 4 gears, can not find much info on the shift handle, took apart, didn't see anything obvious, looking for a replacement or some knowledge on repairing.
Hi Frank, I'm not sure which kind of t/m is fitted in this type of loader. However, with no 1st and 2nd gear I'd assume the clutch cut-off switch under brake pedal not working properly.
I'll check it out, thank you. The switch is the type that you push and pull the whole assembly for f/n/r and roll the handle for 1-4.
Just an example but on some transmissions by default are in 2nd gear in the neutral position. When you select 1st forward gear it dumps 2nd gear pressure and engages first gear. It's quite common to have a problem with first and second gear related to a common solenoid in the system. On others a common solenoid is activated for both gears plus 1 additional one for 2nd. Just my thought maybe check solenoids, could be a bad micro switch inside shifter.
Frank, is your shifter this type? ZF DW1?
Yes, that is the one, I have taken it apart, soldered a bad spot gained 3 and four but still no 1st and 2nd.
Hi Frank, see attached the electric diagram of the system. I'm still convinced the brake switch is the troublemaker.
Switch /lever is obsolete