Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

crawler cat D7

carloboni · 2014-08-23 12:53

Hello everyone, I would like to buy a crawler cat D7 17A 61422. Do you know the year of construction? I think that it could be built during the 2nd world war. I am a collector of militiary items. Many thanks in advance Regards Carlo from Vicchio of Mugello Florence - Italy. If you want you can contact me on my web site www.Mugello_Ruggine.it

Replies8
  1. #1D6c10K2014-08-23 18:05

    Are you sure of the s/n? I don't find that s/n range for a 17A. I'm no expert, but I thought the WWII D7's were 7M or 3T series and the 17a was a later machine. Iron record shows the 17A being produced from 1959 - 1964. http://www.ironrecord.com/

  2. #2old-iron-habit2014-08-24 00:27

    Out of town and don't have my book with me but Iron Record sounds right. Is the manifold good around the turbo. The exhaust manifolds, new or used, are not available at any cost. Last one I heard of was about 5 years ago and sold for $1,200 used.

  3. #3carloboni2014-12-31 06:28

    Cat d7 17a Buon giorno. Allego le fotografie dei due D7 che si trovano in una fattoria quì in Mugello. La fotografia dove si vedono le funi sono del D7 N°61422, l'altra fotografia è di un'altro D7 che è di numero circa 15000 ed ha il turbo. Saluti e bun anno a tutti voi Carlo Boni. PS info @ Mugello-Ruggine.it

  4. #4Karl Robbers2014-12-31 09:12

    My D7C S/N 17A10523 was produced in 1958 and D7E's came out in '61, to give you some guide.

  5. #5dozr2014-12-31 09:14

    translate please we speak english. thank you

  6. #6carloboni2014-12-31 10:31

    Cat Mi dispiace molto, ma non conosco la vostra lingua, altrimenti avrei scritto in inglese. Un saluto dall'Italia,e dalla città di Firenze Carlo Boni.

  7. #7AllDodge2014-12-31 11:21

    Good Morning I enclose photographs of the two D7 found on a farm here in Mugello . The photograph where you see the ropes are the D7 N ° 61422 , the other photograph is of another D7 which is number about 15,000 and has the turbo . Greetings to you all year and bun Carlo Boni I'm very sorry , but I do not know your language, otherwise I would have written in English . Greetings from Italy , and the city of Florence Carlo Boni . Inglese a Italiano traduzione https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=english+to+italian+translation Italian to English translation https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=italian+to+english+translation

  8. #8Old Magnet2014-12-31 12:33

    Ironrecord is not correct. The D7-17A was produced from 1954 to 1961 with 19,442 total units built. Serial number located on LH rear of steering clutch case and LH rear of main engine. The 17A is often considered to be one of the best Cats ever built, lots of them still around and in service.