Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crawling when stopped

rcsav87 · 2025-11-06 17:52

Hey y’all, I’m new to the group and new to owning a skid steer. I have a 2011 cat 252b3, I’m having a problem with it crawling to the left when I have my hands off the controls. How do I fix this ? Thank you in advance.

Replies5
  1. #1Simon C2025-11-06 20:01

    Best post your serial number so that others can see exactly what model you have and chime in a response. Welcome to HEF. Simon C

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-11-06 20:17

    Probably need to adjust the linkage for the left side drive but I'm not sure how difficult it is.

  3. #3Simon C2025-11-07 17:51

    Not sure if it is electrically controlled and joysticks might need recalibrating. You might be correct Dave, not 100% sure. Simon C

  4. #4Simon C2025-11-07 20:04

    Just checked some other D3 series machines and they have PWM switches to send the signal to the controller. It was not for his exact machine as I do not have that D3 schematic for a 252D3 but most likely will require testing at the joy stick and good likely hood a recalibration. Nige will know for sure but will want the serial number. Simon C

  5. #5Nige2025-11-08 04:11

    You were right. It is. Cat have never used mechanical controls on their SSLs. As Simon says, post a Serial Number.