Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SVL75-2 Aux. Hydraulic Problem

JTWAT ยท 2025-11-05 00:05

When operating the grapple with the thumb switch to open and close it. The grapple will not stay open and slowly drops closed when the switch is returned to neutral position. I have replaced the couplers and it works for a while but then starts to leak down again. Any ideas? Is it the machine or the couplers?

Replies4
  1. #1Simon C2025-11-05 09:37

    Need to do a by-pass test on the cylinder if single grapple or both cylinders if dual grapple. It would tell you quickly if it is a control problem or a cylinder problem. Simon C

  2. #2heymccall2025-11-05 09:50

    Reverse the couplings on the grapple hosing, so the male replaces the female and vice versa. Reconnect to the machine. The control will now be backwards in the cab. Open the grapple and see if it drifts. If yes, the grapple (cylinder) is suspect. If it's doesn't drift, I'd suspect an issue with a Saturn valve coupler (or the inner seals) of said coupler.

  3. #3JTWAT2025-11-05 16:41

    I'll try both suggestions. Thanks

  4. #4nikthewho2025-11-06 00:26

    I suspect seals are culprit.