Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crazy Customer

skyhightree1 ยท 2008-09-18 23:38

People are crazy a lady needed a acre of land cleared for her house and finish graded and a culvert pipe installed for the driveway I quoted her $5,500.00 Which i feel is a G.D good price.. and she said all of us contractors are too expensive and gouge people... she said to me that that job is only worth $1,500.00 I then told her have a nice day and walked off....

Replies9
  1. #1curly2008-09-19 06:53

    Wow! She knows fuel and equipment isn't cheap right? Better she said bugger off than try and dicker with you after the job.

  2. #2skyhightree12008-09-19 10:16

    Yes, I am glad I didn't do the job then have to deal with taking her to court and getting leans put on her property and all that.

  3. #3DPete2008-09-19 13:07

    You mean you are in business to actually make a buck? For shame

  4. #4skyhightree12008-09-19 13:26

    lol

  5. #5Buckethead2008-09-19 19:45

    You're better off not doing the job. Some people (like her I mean) just want something for nothing!

  6. #6skyhightree12008-09-20 12:47

    Yea, I left there quick fast and in a hurry...

  7. #7AtlasRob2008-09-20 16:11

    Now in my opinion you missed the perfect oppertunity to make the customer ( who is always right ) look a complete ass. Estimated time to complete the job = A List of equipment required, and cost to purchase equipment required ! monthly repayments on loans for the privelage of owning said machinery = Y fuel to run said equipment for said number of hours at xlt hr by the way what does your ( insert make of vehicle here ) do per mile, we work in hourly consumption @ $ litre. I know, its criminal the price of fuel and it just seems to keep going up and up :beatsme We'll have * operators/persons at * day, what do you earn a day if I may ask. ( adjust response accordingly ) Yes thats right we work on a profit margin of * % which means that IF everything works out and it doesn't rain on Wednesday so we actually work the full * days ESTIMATED without a problem I should make around * on your job. Yes ! your right I am a gready so& so, Have a nice day

  8. #8SKOAL2008-09-20 17:36

    :deadhorse: thought it sounded like a good price I have broken it down for people so called educated ones such as doctors and they thought i had no right to make a decent buck or really get insulted when you make as much as them an hour not realizing of course here anyway its sesonal she probally thinks its high if you make 20 dollars an hour for yourself cause she dosnt make that or dosnt think your mindless labor is worth that:my2c

  9. #9skyhightree12008-09-20 18:23

    You can't reason with a idiot. In my opinion I did the right thing because if they didn't take that deal they didn't have the money to start with.. So explaining them the procedures of a business I figured save my breath and walk off... my grandpa who was a logger would tell people " My estimates are free .. My time is Valuable" to the idiots who didn't want to pay him to log... I do see your point but thats not something I do.