Hey everyone im new here to this forum... I just wanted to know if some of you from various locations could give me a example of what you all charge per hour for different pieces of equipment usage please and tell me where youre located. I am in Richmond, Va and these are the prices I use below but I mostly just bid the whole job price rather than an hourly rate. Backhoe $250.00 per hour Dozer $500.00 per hour Tractor $110.00 per hour Bobcat with tracks $ 100.00 per hour Bobcat w/out tracks $ 80.00 per hour Mini Excavator $150.00 per hour That is the equipment I have now I wondered if anyone could give me a price on what it is for a Motor grader per hour or a Large excavator with Thumb per hour. :beatsme
was thinking of asking this myself, you beat me to it those prices are way higher than you will get in the uk these are rough prices in us $ backhoe 30 to 40 an hour 1.5 ton mini self drive 60 to 80 a day wheeled excavator 40 to 50 hr 20 ton excavator 40 to 50 hr my 345 long reach ...62 ton 150 hr 375 long reach 210 hr not sure about the rest , will ask one of the hire blokes when i get chance
by the way a komatsu pc 210 is around 170,000 in the uk...how about over there
um... bobcat prices seem fair but everything else is way to high. $500 an hour for a dozer??? what size are you running a Cat D11? Backhoes around here will get around $100 an hour or less mini excavators $75-$90 an hour depending on size 25 ton excavators run about $135 an hour
I believe the price here should be the same I don't have one so im not sure... But from everything I have seen I think you are correct.
i cant imagine you get a whole lot of jobs with those prices...we charge... backhoe $120 D3 sized dozer $125 trackloader $120 skid loader/CTL $90 15 ton trackhoe $135 Tandem axle dump $65 Single axle dump $55
i'm moving to richmond, va.
Actually for this area the prices are correct and I actually stay very busy... I don't do alot of resi work mostly all commercial. I was thinking of opening up another sister branch of my business in Charlotte,N.C. but I guess I will take those N.C prices and under bid till I can get my foot in the door there. I just wanted to see how much it varied by region. The cost of things here in Richmond,Va is high...
there is a lot of competition here on long island. and i dont deal much with hourly rates. just flat prices for the jobs. alot of guys here will run daily prices not hourly skidsteer gets about 350$ daily backhoe is about 600$ daily excavator runs between 800$ to 1000$ tandem dump will run 600$ daily and a 30yrd trailer will run all day for 1000$ im sure if you look hard enough you can find a few people who are slow that wil work for alot less.
All the power to you If you can get those prices:drinkup Just one question, What size dozer are you getting $500 a hour for?? I must be doing things wrong:beatsme
I won't try to get those prices down there....lol... thanks for letting me know... I have a cat 953c with 4 n 1
I asked this question on another thread but didn't really get an answer. What is your hourly rate for snow plowing? With a pickup truck? With a compact tractor with loader and rear blade or rear blower?
Pickup $70.00 an hour used for banks and other small businesses Tractor/bobcat/backhoe $100.00 an hour Dumptrucks whatever the state is paying now $115.00 an hour
hourly rates dont get those kind of rates like that is australia, a 20 tonne excavator is around $110 per hr, $140 if fitted with log shears, cat D7 is $150 per hr, tractor and slasher is $100 per hr, i have a vermeer TX6000 horizontal grinder with 630 HP cat engine, grinder only is $500 per hour, grinder and 20 tonne excavator with grab is $600 per hour, these prices are aussie dollars. i could get a D11 ripping rock for $500 per hr.
I am buying 10 dozers and backhoes and I am gonna move to Virginia.
Big Money hi rino, if i can earn that kind of money for a dozer i am selling up in australia and moving there too.
those rates are like africa rates as a serious lack of machinery here for hire.
Ja, similar problem here, but the equipment is almost over saturated, so only the larger firms get more equipment out, but IF you aren't big and only operate say 1 TLB, you will be crucified for going any higher than 250 RAND. which is like, 25 DOLLARS, to the best of my knowledge. Re-inform me should you feel the need. Also, lots of equipment, but no good operators for it.
My 385 + 2 70 ton rock trucks billed out for $1000/h on a golf course contract I did last year. Same contract the D11N was billing out for 400/h dozing and $450/h ripping.
LOL Me too, you woudln't turn a track up here for that... we get $85 for our 450-G
This is why I'm broke in Arkansas This is what I charge "On The Hub" Case CX210 Excavator $115.00 Hr Wanting to go to $125 I just sold this machine and the guy that bought it is charging $100.00 Hr. Go figure. I'm replacing it with a CX 160 and will be looking at $90.00 to $95.00 per hour with that machine. Caterpiller D4H LGP 105 H.P. $75.00 Hr Hew Holland Backhoe 555E 4X4 $65.00 Hr Caterpillar D6C 10K I don't even try to run it. I'm going to say $75.00 per hour is about all I could get if I did.
I can never figure out how the backhoe people make money. The operator costs $25-$30/hour fully loaded for anyone good. Fuel and oil will cost $15/hr if its working. At $65/hr, that leaves $20-$25 for overhead, maintenance, depreciation, etc. My numbers must be wrong. What am I missing ?
Making Money in Arkansas Down here most people run their equipment themselves and $25.00 an hour is a pretty big wage. If you want to hire someone it's closer to $15.00 an hour for a backhoe or dozer and $25.00 an hour for an excavator. This is the way my deal works, I buy a real good piece of equipment and run it for a little while then sell it. I also do my own mechanic work. The only money I try to spend is fuel and parts. An example. I bought a Case CX 210 Excavator back in Feb. I ran it a little over 300 hours and a friend needed to buy one. I told him $5000.00 over what was owed on it. He paid all my intrest and everything. I stuck about $30,000.00 in my pocket on one machine in a little over 6 months. I didn't think that was to bad for a one and a half man operation. My breakdowns on that machine was a Hyd. Hose and a Fan Belt. By the way my friend is happy because he saved over $10,000.00 compared to everything else he could find, he got a better machine, and got to run it on a real job before he bought it. This is all according to him. Before everyone tells me how stupid I am for working here I know I can go to Il. and work on the pipleline and make $40.00 an hour base, + $2.00 an hour savings, +$5.00 an hour annuity, plus benifits and on overtime I could get paid almost what I'm charging. The Paul Harvey is: I quit up there 10 years go and hope I never have to go back.
Then I wouldn't want to live down there. $25/hour x 2000 hours per year is $50K. I desire to make more than that. Plus overhead. Plus insurance. Plus benefits and healthcare. Plus, plus, plus. You aren't counting your time as worth anything. You need to be an equipment salesman. If you made $5K on the machine after running it for 300 hours and your friend paid $10K under market price, you could have made $20K just reselling the machine. I think a lot of backhoe people are like you in that its a form of a job instead of a business that pays them over and above what they would make working for someone else.
This is What I'm Compeating Against Down here $50,000.00 a year is a pretty good living. About the only benefit is a pat on the back for a job well done. I don't know how you figure that? I quit a Job making $2,000.00 a week 10 years ago to do this. I'm in this deal to make money. I think I stick as much money in my pocket as most for the work I do. Go to my web site and see if the excavators on there isn't at least $10,000.00 cheaper than on a lot. The reason the D4H is close to retail is it's a real good dozer and I want to use it till April because of the LGP pads. I buy a lot of equipment for other people so I guess I know a little about it. I really don't get where you think this is a job instead of a business. If this was a job I would have an excavator and a dozer. I got a lot more iron than that. You are right on the backhoe people down here though. This is the way it is down here. Almost everyone is either a family deal, works by themselves of has 1 employee. I don't like it but that's the way it is. I don't complain about it, I just get in there and do it. If you need to run new equipment because you can't work on it or want to ride around in a $45,000.00 pickup windshield contracting you don't need to move to Pocahontas, Arkansas.
I am assuming these rates include an operator?
Operator and First Born Included Yes that's with an operator. The excavator and dozer prices are for mostly ag work. The backhoe is everything, ag work and housing.
For me, its a business if it makes money without me, at least for a while and if it earns me more money than what I would make if I worked for someone else. If it doesn't do those two things, I don't want it. There are no real barriers to entry in that segment, especially for the hourly hire work. Bobcat work is often the same way. Its a different situation when it comes to bidding jobs, but there is still a lot of competition for backhoes. I wonder how this segment is fairing with the housing slowdown ?
The way you do it, I don't know either! Ok, here operators get paid R25-35 on excavators, FELs and TLBs. It is around R8.20/litre or more for diesel, and if you work on around 6-8 litres per hour, is around R50 or more per hour, and the hirers charge around between R335 and R391 per hour, out of that, they get the rest, around 200 Rand or more for maintenance, overheads, etc. (for excavators) The operator makes around R225 R315 per day, which is enough for Taxi fares, food for the day, clothing for the month, etc.(just trying to put it in to perspective there.) I think it is one of the higher paying building/construction skills in SA.
I do rsidential work in Chatt, TN I've been in business 6yrs only went up once when diesel hit the rafters: currently getting $80/hr on the backhoe 3hr min. $80/hr on D3 size dozer 3hr min $75/hr on mini-x with thumb 3hr min $60/hr on skidloader 3hr min $60/hr tandem dump truck 3hr min I know some guys with 120 size x's that get around $120/hr 4hr min.'s Hope this helps or helps me charge more.
A 20 odd ton excavator runs from about e35/36per hour, diesel supplied by main contractor otherwise add e10/ hr ,hammers add e20 or 50% of machine hire rate /hr, sometimes the main contractor pay by weight ie e1.50/ ton diesel supplied. Operator agreed rates from 1/01/08 are grade A E18.04 grade b E16.93 grade c E16.37 grade d E14.88 grade A are crane operators,dozer/scraper operators ,heavy excavators >40t certified with min of 4yrs exp grade B are medium plant operators (skilled operative) grade C are semi skilled operative (light plant) or G O over 20 with a min of 2yrs site expierience Grade D basic operative over 18yrs capable of carrying general labouring and operation of hand/small plant
You need a motor for that D11 ?? We starting doing a total rebuild on a 3508 out of a 777 for a local coal company. They ran out of money and never came to pick up the rest of the motor. I still have the block with crank and camshafts that just had $8,000 in machine work. I also still have the heads and torque converter. Been sitting in our garage for 4 yrs now.
I am a union mason contractor on Long Island and I doubt anyone gets those rates with an operaters in Local 138 OE costing over 90 per hour. 250 & 500 look real good if you can get it. Bet I could get a backhoe non-union for 750 per day. ointhead