Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cross reference for a grey market Kubota mini hoe.

alco · 2016-01-10 00:43

Can anybody suggest a place to look, to find out what the North American equivalent machine is for a grey market Kubota U20 mini? A neighbour has one that is rumoured to be for sale, and I am interested, if I can figure out how to get parts for it. I'm hoping to find out what the basic equivalent for it was in North America, so I will have a machine to use for ordering parts at the dealer. Thanks Brian

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2016-01-10 03:54

    The U series is sold here in the US and in Canada, they're zero tailswing apparently. The 20 model is not listed now or as a prior model. They seem to have been marketed in the UK and Europe, your neighbor maybe got one grey market?

  2. #2alco2016-01-10 13:25

    Yes, it's a grey market machine. The U Series that is offered in North America now, is a whole lot newer than this machine. It's a pretty safe bet, that there is a very similar machine that was marketed under a different model number in North America that was a rough equivalent to this machine at the time. That's the info I'm looking for.

  3. #3lantraxco2016-01-10 14:00

    Pictures?

  4. #4alco2016-01-10 16:44

    I don't have any yet. Flying back and forth to work eats up a lot of time.

  5. #5lantraxco2016-01-10 22:46

    I'm sure. As a rule with airline flights I spend more time in the terminals than I do in the air, sometimes even on coast to coast flights. Sucks.

  6. #6Spitfire1059482024-12-07 09:28

    I’m looking for a service manual for a kx 165-5 Kubota excavator. It’s a 2015. Bought it second hand not knowing it was a grey market machine. Any ideas would be great