Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

6 Way Angle Blade

JethroBodine ยท 2016-01-12 17:23

Is Kubota the only manufacture that has this option?

Replies6
  1. #1StumpyWally2016-01-14 17:13

    Nope...many OEMs offer it, but it depends on the size of the machine. Refer to my thread: HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Tags2016-01-14 18:09

    I'm pretty sure Kubota is the only one offering a SIX way blade option, many other manufacturers offer an angle blade that goes up and down and left and right.

  3. #3Scrub Puller2016-01-14 18:30

    Yair . . . Isn't a blade that angles left and right, tilts left and right and goes up and down six way? Are the other functions back and forth pitch? Just curious. Cheers.

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2016-01-14 18:45

    Scrub Right you are, but most are only offering a 4 way, up down, angle right and left, with some stuck in the stone age with only a 2 way, up and down. I have run the 4 way on a U55 Kubota, and it is nice. The drawback is that the blade is too narrow to angle far, and if you build it wider, you loose the accessibility that the mini ex is there for in the first place.

  5. #5Scrub Puller2016-01-14 20:20

    Yair . . . Gotcha JDOFMEMI thanks for reply . . . funny how coincidences happen. I could see that would be a problem and just last week I saw a feller pinning an extension to the blade of a little jigger prior to angle blading soil into a couple of hundred meters of open trench. Cheers.

  6. #6JethroBodine2016-01-15 08:40

    Thanks for all your help! I saw a lot of units with the 4 way, but was only seeing the 6 way on Kubota. Info on the angle usefulness was good too. I like the idea of making short "pin-on" extensions. Or, maybe it would be possible to come up with a hinged setup so they were there all the time, didn't lose them, etc.