Hello all. Just got my hands on a jd ct332 2006 last week. So far I have put about 15 hours on it and blew out one of the hyd lines to the left hand drive motor. Had John Deere shop make me two more so I could replace both hoses while I was getting greasy anyway. Cranked up, checked for leaks and all looked good until I started making a right turn. That's when I heard a crunching noise coming from that side, which also caused the machine to bog real bad. With my brothers watching that side of the track, I backed up so we could make sure there was nothing binding the track. The track seemed to move normal in reverse, but go forward and it bogs the engine again. I shut machine down, got out and put my hand against the gear housing which felt not hot enough to burn your hand, but way hotter than the right side. I want to start removing the track to get to that side to remove the drive system but after reading all the posts about rebuilding/replacing drive motors, I just wanted to know if I should simply replace the drive motor, which my brother and I am very capable of doing, or do we need to flush the entire hydraulic system. The machine was stuck in the mud before the hyd lines blew, but I had been running it about an hour after getting it unstuck. By the way, tool_king, thank you much for the service manuals. I did not know if my e-mail response had gotten back to you or not. Thanks all for any help.
False alarm It seems that the brake was hanging up on the left side of the machine.