Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Csse 1845C Planetaries-Which Oil?

Larpy ยท 2019-02-01 20:18

I am changing all fluids and have tried to find the recommended SAE 90 EP Low Foaming API GL-4 oil for the planetaries but Case does not carry it. The replacement is only sold in 5 gallon pails. I need 32 ounces to change both planetaries. What other options are there for this oil?

Replies8
  1. #1rondig2019-02-02 00:22

    Well not saying it is right but I use synthetic gear oil in all my drives....no problems so far.

  2. #2Larpy2019-02-02 00:34

    What weight? Looking for a alternative that is low foaming.

  3. #3rondig2019-02-02 00:36

    75w90 synthetic lucas is what i use

  4. #4Larpy2019-02-02 00:39

    Thanks!

  5. #5phil3142019-02-02 08:54

    Just about any kind of gear oil will work just fine in the proprietaries. They aren't high pressure or high rpm. They are just a oil bath for the reduction gears. As long as you got 'something' in there to keep them oiled, you'll be fine. I used some royal purple 75w-90 gear oil, just because that what I had on hand. And I think i used some Mobil 1 before that.

  6. #6Larpy2019-02-02 09:40

    THANKS! I ordered Redlone MT90. Will be here tomorrow.

  7. #7heymccall2019-02-02 13:33

    I'm a little rusty, but, I dont recall having planetary gears anywhere on my 1845C machines? And never have I used 90w anywhere in my 1845C machines. Could yours be an earlier serial number with different drive motors?

  8. #8phil3142019-02-02 13:55

    1845c prior to serial JAF0067438 used axial piston drive motors and planetarys. They do not need HTO additive. After JAF0067438 they used gerotor drive motors and no planetarys. They use HTO additive to prevent wear in drive motors.