Need to pull this engine. It has a broken fuel rail guide. It is located in the block by the aneroid valve and I don't see any way to get the old one out or do install the new machine new one without removing the engine. Question is does the hydraulic pump mounted to back if engine housing need to be removed or can it stay bolted up. Looking like two of the bolts on the bell housing may Be a challenge but other then that looks like it's not real bad. Anyone ever remove one of these engines? Thanks
You can take the pump off where the pump bolts up or take all the bolts out around the edge of the flywheel housing. If it is a fuel rack broken you can pull the cooling package and take front cover off without pulling engine and pull the rack out of the front...
There's a fuel rack alingnment thing that goes in from the side of the block. It is broken. Another person put a machine screw in it. It needs to be replaced. There's not much room between the engine and the side of the machine to work. I can't even tell how it comes out t to be replaced. I haven't been able to speak to anyone who knows anything about it either. It looks like it's pressed in somehow. Any ideas? Thanks for replying.
Yes I looked up the part number. The aneroid you're referring too has wires going out of the rear of it and there's a shaft pointing straight down that connects to the fuel rack. If you take the cooling package off you should be able to access inside that cover to do whatever you need. Pull the rocker arm cover off and pump units out and that rack should come out without even pulling the front cover just be careful not to drop anything into engine. Also I was mistaken, to pull the front cover the engine has to be pulled because the oil pickup tube is bolted to the bottom of the front cover.
It's all confusing to me. It looks like to pull the engine it's not that much work. I have to pull cooling package either way. I am wrong about that. If not I think I'll go that route. Let me know please then. Thanks