Had the cab up to replace a hydraulic hose. Got everything buttoned back up but noticed the control sticks are out of alignment. If you thought about them as hands on a clock they are about 60 minutes out. Any ideas?
Were they straight before the cab raising? Maybe some debris is between the seat pan and the panel it sits on? Or, the little piece of sheet metal at the bottom of the lever (the boot is attached to) is not seated into the groove in the front of the pan causing a hang up??
They were pretty close. I do have the plates engaged in the slots. The boots are kind of funky. One is torn and allows easier movement of the stick. I shudder to think what the boots cost.
Boots are around $130 each. L & R different numbers.
Is the cab all the way down. It will make them straighter when it’s all the way down. At least on mine it does
I had just gotten finished getting the main drive hyd hose replaced and got it back to the shop. I will get back on it Friday. I had the cab bolted back down. I will lift the cab back up and see what I can find.
Well if it was bolted down can’t get anymore down than that lol. Mine is really sensitive about getting them centered before starting it. I’ve read the adjustment procedure but it’s confusing to me. I can deal with it but someone who hasn’t ran it will definitely have an issue! Good luck
Exactly. I am going to sell as soon as I get the other new track on it and the sticks not being even stick out like a sore thumb.
I think I might have found the issue with the sticks not being in alignment. While working on the hydraulic hose I found a clevis pin laying in the belly pan. That pin come to find out goes in the linkage for the stick and connects the metal slide to the top of the linkage. I cleaned it up and reinstalled it. This put the sticks out of alignment the opposite way. Looking a bit further the adjustment linkage on the left is adjusted all the way out pushing the stick back. The right is adjusted as far as it goes in. I surmise the clevis fell out. Previous owner couldn’t figure it out so they adjusted the linkages. I will make that adjustment tomorrow.