I got a Engine Sensor default code. Engine would not start. Replaced sensor. Code still appears and engine will not start. Am I missing something?
Probably a wiring harness/connector issue, possible another sensor in the chain is malfunctioning or shorted, wire shorted to ground, worst case bad computer. Where is the sensor, is whatever it senses actually turning?
I think it measures crank rotation. I was thinking about a shorted wire also. And that sucker could be anywhere. Right?
What is the code?
Yup, or a loose pin in any connector between the sensor and the ECM
Code. EMU190.12 Engine Speed Sensor Default Thanks!
Just for giggles pull the new sensor back out and rotate the engine by hand, make sure whatever triggers the sensor is still attached and rotating? Was the sensor adjustable for install depth?
Sensor was not adjustable for depth. O-ring on top of threads, set it snug like I found the old one. Query. What dif does rotating by hand do? May have a bad/ burnt out Glow plug fuse causing the problem. No Glow plug indicator when ignition is on. Bucket arm is only 1/2 down with a spade on it. Gonna be a chore to get cab up to find that fuse.
If you can look down the hole and keep your head and hands clear while somebody cranks it with the key that's okay, turning it by hand was just a safety suggestion.