Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CTA 8.3 Cummins

Self-Jameel ยท 2024-03-19 12:22

Pls folks I need help, too much air coming out of the engine crankcase, for a newly built (overhaul) engine A new turbo charger as well,what might likely be the problem

Replies9
  1. #1Simon C2024-03-19 22:49

    Heavy crankcase blowbye is generally caused by problems with rings in cylinders, can also be caused by a faulty air compressor running off of the engine if it has one, or from a turbo dumping boost air into the oil return line in the pan. That is all that I can think of. Simon C

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-03-19 22:52

    I think you need to give some more information like is it smoking or hard to start.

  3. #3Self-Jameel2024-03-21 05:10

    Change a new turbo cause the old one is faulty.further more I'm more disturbed cos it wasn't long I overhaul the engine in frame..

  4. #4Self-Jameel2024-03-21 05:14

    Not hard starting buh it's smoking (white)really bad

  5. #5Vetech632024-03-21 07:57

    Have you built an engine before?

  6. #6Self-Jameel2024-03-21 08:16

    Yes I built the engine prolly 3 months back.

  7. #7Self-Jameel2024-03-21 08:17

    Yes I built the engine prolly 3 months back.

  8. #8Vetech632024-03-21 08:18

    But did you have any engine building experience before this build?

  9. #9terex herder2024-03-21 13:46

    Why did previous engine fail? Could be bad intake system allowed dirt into engine, engine overhaul didn't fix intake leak.